Chapter one

"How about this?" Kathryn asked. I looked at the dress my best friend held up. "It looks good for a ten year old." I teased.

Kathryn rolled her eyes and tossed the dress back on the rack.

"We're going to a concert, Kath. Not church." i said.

"I know, but I don't wanna look slutty." she said with a frown.

I laughed. "I said concert, not strip club. You don't have to dress slutty either." I said.

She sighed and searched for more clothes. I loved being with Kathryn, but hated shopping. And I wasn't too pleased that our three day trip to London, England was being wasted because she had nothing to wear to the One Direction concert.

"I'm going to the bathroom." I said. I started walking away. I was excited for the concert tonight. I loved all the boys in the band, but I had to say that Louis and Harry were my favorites. Louis because he was so funny, and Harry because he was just so God damn sexy.

I was walking towards the bathroom when I crashed into an unforgiving amount of muscle. I fell to the floor, my things flying out of my bag and across the floor.

"Oh, I'm so sorry love!" a man's voice exclaimed.

I sat up and looked at him. "It's okay, I'm fine-oh!" I breathed.

I was face to face with Liam Payne.

"Hi," I said. He smiled and offered me a hand. "Thanks," I said as he helped me up.

"No problem." he said, beginning to pick some of my stuff up.

"I'm sorry I ran into you. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." I said, blushing slightly.

"Don't worry, love. I should've seen you coming." Liam said, grinning.

Our eyes met. There was something about his eyes. Their color matched mine.

My eyes were always weird, I had light brown eyes while both my parents had blue ones. I had always known that Liam had light brown eyes, but now that I was this close I saw that they were the exact same color as mine.

And why did I feel as though I recognized him?

He's Liam Payne, you idiot. I thought to myself. Of course I recognized him.

But there was something more, something that told me I'd met him long before now.

I was fucking crazy.

Liam picked up a picture of mine that had slipped from my wallet. It was my baby picture. My parents told me that I should keep it with me, because if I told myself that I was still the same girl born that day, I would never lose myself. Stupid, I know, but I held on to the photo still.

Liam looked at the photo with an odd look on his face, as though he was trying to remember something.

"Is this you?" he asked. He didn't smile anymore. He was now frowning. Feeling uncomfortable, I nodded.

"You look like my baby sister when she was born." He said.

"Oh?" I asked.

"Yeah. She was kidnapped a long time ago, when she was just two. The police never found her." he said sadly.

"I'm so sorry." I said because I didn't no what else to say.

"It's alright love. It's nice to know there's a possibility Lena's still out there, you know?" he said, smiling wistfully.

I gasped. Lena was my name. Lena Miranda Cooper. It had to be a coincidence. Right? There was no way I was that Lena.

Before I could decide, Liam smiled and walked away.