|5|

Alyssa pov
I sat across the table on the phone as Gavin demolished a gallon of ice cream. "Well have you talked to him about your feelings?" Rylie asked through the phone. "You know damn well I can't." I said back. "Ooouuuu, a curse." ~sorry~ I mouthed to Gavin. He gave me a thumbs up and went back to his ice cream.
      "Why can't you Alyssa, you know that you are in love with this man." Rylie said. I rolled my eyes as I checked the bag of toys and things Gavin wanted to take to his play date.  "Hey did you pack your charger?" I asked Gavin. "What?" Rylie asked. "Not you." I said as I saw Gavin shake his head no.
       I sighed and then ran upstairs to his room to find his charger. "Well I cant tell him because number one he is married and number two I sure this is just a bit of fun when his wife is gone." Rylie went silent. "Is that really what you think?" I heard a husky voice say from behind me.
     I jumped a little then turned to see Elmo. "Im going to have to call you back Ry." I said before hanging up. I got up the charger now I'm hand. "Do you really think I don't care about you?" He asked making his way to stand in front of me. I tried to look away but he used one hand to push my face back to look at him. "What else am I supposed to think?"
        "Alyssa I love you, with all of my heart.I don't know what I would even do if I'd never met you. Id be misirable stuck in a broken marriage, my only joy would be seeing my son. You mean the world to me and I hope you can see that." I could feel small tears roll down my face as he spoke. "I love you too." I said getting on my tippy toes to give him a kiss. He bent down so that we could kiss with ease. "Let's do something ok?"
"Yeah sure." I replied. "The kid's parents have never met Hannah so if we go over and say that your my wife and Gavin is our child they wouldn't suspect a thing." He said. "You want me to be your wife for the day?" "Yeah, follow me." I followed him to Hannah and his bedroom. He pulled me into the big as walk-in closet and pulled a little box from the top of a shelf. "Here, I want you to have this." He said slipping a beautiful white gold ring onto my hand. That big ass diamond reflecting the light.
"Oh my god this is gorgeous." He smiled at me and then switched his wedding ring to one that matched mine. "After you Mrs.Odwyer," he said gesturing to the door. I pretended to curtsy and then made my way to the door.
.........
      As we walked to the door hand in hand my heart beating out of my chest. Elmo ran his thumb over the back of my hand reassuringly. He rang the doorbell and we waited for a second. Then a little boy and an older woman answered the door. Gavin immediately ran in pushing past the woman to follow the little boy.
"You must be Hannah, it's so nice to meet you." The woman said, "I'm Malisa" she pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry, im a hugger." I giggled. "That's fine, it's very nice to meet you." Replied pulling myself away from the hug. "Oh where are my manner, come in." She moved out the way allowing us into the house. "Dan is in his man cave, follow me Hannah."
       I followed her to the kitchen where she got to making sandwiches. "You're not at all how I expected you to look." I let out a soft chuckle, "thanks?" "Oh, I didn't mean it in a bad way dear, you're just in great shape. What do you do to look so snatched?" "Nothing really, I guess I just have a fast matsbalizom."
        "You look really young too, how old are you, if you don't mind me asking." "Oh, I'm twenty seven." It took me a minute to answer because I had to come up with a age where it would have been believable to have an eight year old son. "Wow, Elmo is so lucky to have you."
........
"There's that mysterious wife you're always talking about." I heard coming into the kitchen I turned to see Elmo and some man. "Hi I'm dan, it nice to meet you." "Hi I'm Hannah, it's nice to meet you as well." He looked at me weirdly for a second. "I feel like I've seen you before." I chuckled it off, I knew his son looked framiliar he's friends with one of the other kids that I watch. "You know a lot of people say that, maybe I just have one of those faces." I replied. "Yeah, maybe." He said, still staring at me.
"Mom! Can Gavin spend the night?" The little boy asked as him and Gavin ran into the kitchen. "You have to ask Gavin's parents honey." I could see confusion spread across Gavin's face. The little boy then came and stood in front of me. "Can Gavin stay?" He asked. I looked to Elmo cause I'm confused to why he asked me.
He nodded his head. "Yeah." I said to the little boy. He looked at Gavin with a smile. Gavin still had the biggest look of confusion. The little boy pulled him away. "Well, we should get going." Elmo said snaking his hands around my waist. "Let me walk you out." Melissa said. She walked us out the door and we said our goodbyes. Just after she closed the door Elmo pulled me close and put his lips on mine. "I love you." He said after pulling away. "I love you too." I said pulling him towards the car.