Lancer the unknown

Request by bigirly14

I changed it up a little bit sorry... :(

Edit: All Might is like a dad to Midoriya. I honestly like that cuz i can see it soo much in the series.

Basically, the paladins have about the same powers as certain members.

Lance=Midoriya(controls water

Keith=Todoroki(#angstyboistogether)(however Keef can only control fire)

Iida=Shiro(same power except shiro can boost his hand)(ultimate bitch slap)

Kirishima=Hunk(same powers)(friends with midoriya)

Jiro=Pidge(it has to)(pidge can hack tech)

Coran=ALL MIGHTO(PLUS ULTRA)

Allura= nurse lady(except looks young) (idk she ain't like Midnight tho)

-----------------------

Dear Journal,

Ten years ago, my family died.

Don't get me wrong, I could've stopped it. If my quirk had decided to work in that moment.

I could only watch as that villain sucked them in the whirlpool. As my brother said goodbye with tears in his eyes.

After that day, it was difficult for me to control water. But my hand looked like a film strip winding around it. It played and replayed my memories of that day in black and white. 

I hid my hand with black gloves. I wore them no matter what. Even in 110 degree summer days.

I decided to never use my quirk ever again. It could only cause harm. And every time I used my quirk, my hand became more and more like a film strip. And it hurt like hell.

I sealed it off.

---------------------

In school, I was teased for "not having a quirk". I could never find it in myself to stand up against them. It was like punishment for what happened with my family. It was my fault.

I approached the apartment I was paying for with the money from the will. I cried a little, cut a little, and slept a little.

-----------------------

Today was the day of school selection. My parents would've wanted me to go to Voltron Academy, where everyone is skilled and are going to be future paladins. Might as well go right?

----------------

I passed the goddamn test. At the last moment, I rescued a guy named Hunk from a giant robot. The robot wasn't going to help me pass. I knew that, yet I sent a jet of water to push him away from the robot. I winced, internally screaming at the pain. 

-------------

Today was the day, I could no longer live like this. I can't use my quirk. Everyone except for a few students are bullying me for not using my quirk. Someone snatched my gloves one day. That only made the bullying worse.

Today. 

Signed,

Lance McClain.

---------------

That day, a villain came in. The same villain that had killed his family. It was a tough fight, but Voltron Academy won because Lance made a whirlpool that obliterated the villain. At the cost of his body. His classmates solemnly grieved.

They went to class and noticed a journal. They finished reading it. And here they were, crying.