A hole

Haggar had cursed Lance. His teammates a weren't paying attention. Lance screamed out in agony, his heart wrenching. When Lance returned to this reality, he say everyone staring at his chest. There was a giant hole through it, with a broken heart and several chains around it, keeping it suspended in the middle of the hole. It was small, and a very dark blue. Everyone sighed. They all went to their rooms. Or so he thought. In reality, they were all in the lounge, talking about Lance's flaws. Lance heard everything, from Pidges snide comments to Hunks unsure backstabs, Keith's angry remarks, and Shiro and Allura dissing his skills. " Worthless. Horrible pilot. Lance's skills are so trashy they belong in a space dump. Heartless flirt. Attention seeker. Stupid. Idiot. Unnecessary. Not needed. Trash." Lance wondered, "Did they bond over his pain? Did the team relish every tear that slipped down the depressed boys face? Did they look back in memory of all the sleepless nights he had, and cackle together in glee? Did they dream about him getting shot or killed or taken away by the Galra or even killing himself?" Suddenly, Lance heard something slowly breaking. He was in front of the team, and the heart wrapped in chains was full of cracks, chains constricting it.

Then,
It shattered.

Lance stood on the ground, his breathing speeding up as he saw the black shards of what used to be his soul. His body shook in pain, his nerves imploding. Pain. Worse than any torture.
It started to fade away. The pain. The sorrow. The guilt. The grief. The anger. His skin slowly started turning grey, all the way up to the gaping hole with only a fragment of a heart left. His eyes were stolen of a beautiful blue and replaced with a sullen gray. Like the color of a mask. He got up. Like a robot. He tried calling for help once more.The team looked at him, then walked away.

He finally left everything. All the fragments of his heart gathered together, trying to fit again. After a few doboshes of trying. The fragments exploded, all the sharp pieces going in his skin. Like a splinter. He slowly bled out. Red turning to gray. Black to grey. Brown to grey.

In the end, life turned to grey.