Chapter 83

Jamie

I feel like I can't breathe, and this fucking corset style dress is not helping. I clutch onto the sink in the bathroom to keep myself steady and try to catch my breath.

The moment I saw Noah dancing with her, I froze. I literally couldn't move. It's like my feet were stuck to the floor, and all I could do was stare at them as they danced. Madison, with her arms around his neck, and Noah, with his hands on her hips. She was talking, and he was smiling. They looked so fucking cosy together, and it really just brought everything home. How could I have been foolish enough to think there was nothing going on between them last night!? Of course there fucking is! He's a slut, and my guess is she is too! She's had her eye on him since school started, and she's gotten what she wanted. They slept together last night, I knew that already after walking in on Madison in her fucking underwear this morning. But, now? Why am I losing my shit so much now? After seeing them dancing together so intimately like that? Fuck. I'm a fucking idiot!

When I finally managed to get a grip of myself back there, it was because Patrick was saying my name and staring at me in confusion. He obviously wondered what the fuck I was staring at. He turned his head to look at them, my eyes flickered back to the two of them slow dancing, Noah looked over, our eyes met, and I ran. As fast as I could through the sea of people in the ballroom. I even shoved my way past some couple slow dancing, and made my way out into the hall. I ran straight into the girls bathroom down the hall, and now here I am. Clutching onto the sink for dear life and willing myself not to cry. I can't. I can't be that weak.

No, I am not gonna cry about this. He doesn't deserve my tears. Besides, it's my own fucking fault for allowing myself to actually catch feelings for that asshole. I knew he was an asshole from the moment I met him, yet here I am, feeling like a complete idiot and trying so damn hard not to cry over him. I wish I'd never slept with him. I hate myself for it now, and I honestly don't know what to do for the best in this moment. I wanna see Fall Out Boy so bad, but now? No. I am getting the fuck out of here.

I check my appearance in the mirror and take a deep breath before making my way out of the bathroom. I can slip out of one of the back exits, to avoid attracting attention to myself. I don't wanna see him, and I don't wanna talk to anyone about this. Unfortunately for me, as soon as I open the bathroom door, I'm faced by Patrick in the dark, otherwise abandoned hallway. Fall Out Boy have just started playing their song Saturday. I can hear it coming from the ballroom, along with the eruption of people cheering in the crowd. Fucking typical!

"Are you okay? What happened?" Patrick asks, pushing himself off of the wall in the hallway that he was just leaning on as soon as he sees me. He looks worried. I don't have time for this.

"Patrick, I'm fine, I don't wanna talk about it, I just wanna go home." I say quickly, making my way past him and heading off down the hallway.

"Woah, woah, woah!" he says, following me and taking me by the arm. "You wanna go home? I'll take you home. But talk to me."

"I don't need an escort, Patrick, I'm fine." I mumble, not meeting his eyes and pulling myself free from his grip.

"You are not fine, look at you." He says gently, "It's Noah, isn't it? What did he do?"

I take a deep breath and look up. Hearing Noah's name has made me feel like crying again, but I fucking won't.

"Come on, Jamie, talk to me." Patrick insists.

"He didn't do anything..." I start, still mumbling.

"You were fine five minutes ago, and as soon as you lay eyes on him you're running to the bathroom! And now you wanna leave?" Patrick isn't gonna let this go, I sigh. "What did he do?"