10 • What does love feel like?

Previously
I'm glad he did though, because to me he was my best friend too. More than I could ask for.
"Yeah sure, just don't let the fandom murder me. You can see Jennifer's already trying to get me killed." I giggled thinking how jealous she'd be.
___________________________________

After packing all of our bags and what not we made our way to the front desk to sign Aidan out of the hospital.
Aidan had to be on crutches since he could barely walk on his leg. It was quite entertaining to watch him try to use them for the first time. He couldn't correspond them with his leg and so he would end up tripping in front of everyone which was hilarious, but he eventually got the hang of it.

When we made it to the front desk, Jennifer was sitting in the back on her phone shoving cheetos into her face. Quite attractive if I do say so myself. (It's sarcasm if you didn't catch my vibe ahha)
The older nurse walked in and asked for some information before Aidan's parents sign him out. The whole time Aidan had a beaming smile on his face showing how happy he was. It must feel great for him to be able to get out of sitting in bed all day and go outside again.
I stood there gazing at his excited smile which caused butterflies to flutter in my stomach. It was a weird feeling but it was nice. I've felt like this before, but it hasn't ever been the exact same feeling as this one. With Aidan it's different, and I like this different.
Eventually everything was done, and so out we walked back into the bright sunlight.

Walking out was like a gush of somewhat clean air rushed through my lungs. It was nicer than the weirdly sweet, sterilised air of the hospital.
As we walked to the car you could hear the busy cars rushing down the main road off to who knows where. Peoples quiet chatter filled the cafe next door and clinks of glass pints were heard at the Beer garden. Why people would be having beer at this time of the day is odd and unknown but hey, you do you.

On the car ride home, Lauren was driving and Rob was in the passengers seat. Aidan sat to my right, having the small gap of the middle seat in between us. Aidan's parents were both talking in the front as we were turning corners. All of a sudden as we went around the traffic circle Aidan yells.
"CORNERS!" At that I'm smashed into the door with Aidan leaning on me giggling. I felt the air leave my body when he smashed into me causing me to laugh even harder than I would've.
"Oh you're going to regret that". I giggled,
Playfully glaring at him.
A while later we turned another corner which gave me the opportunity to play corners once again,
Giving Aidan his payback.
"CORNERSSS!" I yelled as I smashed into Aidan mimicking what he had done to me earlier. I sat there giggling as Aidan's face was mushed up against the window.
I sighed after turning the corner and as I was about to get up I felt Aidan arms wrap around me, binding me down.
"You're stuck now, there's no escaping." Aidan said jokingly serious. After a few attempts of trying to wiggle my way out I gave up and just remained in his arms. To be honest it was really nice. He kept me warm, and I felt comfortable and safe. The position was more comfortable than sitting in the car usually was, which caused me to become sleepy. I tried my hardest to stay awake but eventually gave in, as my eyes became too heavy.
As my mind started to wonder about things while falling asleep I felt my body relax and Aidan's arms become tighter around me. I snuggled myself into his shirt and with that, I entered dream world.

•••

As I felt my hearing become more present, I opened my eyes to see a house outside of the car window and Aidan shaking me lightly.
"Hello there sleepy head". Aidan said comfortingly.
"Why hello there good sir". Aidan giggled as I put on a terrible English accent.
I sat up and unbuckled my seat belt, got out the car and walked into their small house.
"Your house is so cozy, I love it!" I always loved a cozy home. Mine felt more like an asylum half the time so this was nice, and new to me.
"Thanks". Aidan said with a warm smile. That smile always gets me, it makes me smile and gives me butterflies. His cute, signature dimples always make his smile that much better.
"Y/n sweetheart?!" Aidan's Mum yelled from upstairs. I loved when she called me sweetheart. She's like the mum I never had and it feels like my heart had finally found its missing piece. I mean yeah I had a Mum, but she definitely wasn't a Mother figure like she should've been.
Aidan snaked his arm onto my lower back and guided me upstairs to his Mum.

We walked into a room which I assumed to be Aidan's. His walls were a subtle beige and he had polished wooden flooring. His bedding was a nice black, fitted over a double bed with a matte black, futon head board. It was quite a nice room, I preferred it to mine. Which was just pink for days from when I was 7 and had a happy functional family.
"So since our house is small as you've seen, we don't have any spare rooms, so do you mind sharing a room with Aidan?" As she said that a thousand thoughts flooded my head. I slightly didn't want to as I like my own privacy but I didn't want to be a difficult person and make life harder so I just nodded a yes. Maybe it would be fun, you never know. Lauren smiled softly as she brung out a mattress and covered it with bedding. "Y/n, you can have the bed and Aidan will sleep on the floor". I could see disappointment wash over Aidan's face so I kindly rejected.
"No no Lauren it's fine, really. I don't mind sleeping on the mattress". I understand how Aidan feels. It's his bed and he should be the one sleeping in it. I genuinely didn't mind sleeping on the mattress because it would be just as comfortable.
"Alright love, but if you want the bed just kick Aidan off onto the mattress". She said with a slight chuckle.

•••

After unpacking my things Aidan and I sat on his bed talking about things. You'd think we would've run out of things to talk about but for me I'm a chatter box so talking was easy for me.
"Hey Y/n?" Aidan said lying in his back looking at the ceiling. I replied with a hum. "What does love feel like?"

•⊱✿•✿⊰•⊱✿•✿⊰•⊱✿•✿⊰•

A/n: Hello everybody. So, I hope your excited for the next chapter because we have some real heartfelt things going on soon. Also this chapter wasn't all that interesting and I'm sorry. I tried my hardest but it kinda failed. But I promise you next chapter will make up for it. Love u all xx