𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲

being sick was never fun. molly knew that, of course, right after george told her john was in love with her.

she stayed in front of the toilet all afternoon. barb forced her to go home after she kept throwing up.
george felt uncomfortable, not knowing what to do or where his place was as she puked her guts out.

he drove her all the way back to her apartment that was just fifteen minutes away. the whole time, she tried her best to hold it down.

somehow managing to keep the bile in her, she left a trail of tears and spit all the way up to her apartment. george awkwardly followed along, carrying her purse with him.

as soon as the door swung open, she retched once again, failing to make it to the bathroom. "molly, i don't actually know if he loves y-"

she covered her mouth and ran to her tiny bathroom. she hugged the toilet with all her strength, letting it all come back out.

george cringed at the sight of her, turning around and grabbing a towel to clean the floor in front of the door. he made sure to clean it all up before coming back to the small bathroom.

"are you alright?" he placed a kind hand on her shoulder, pulling her bangs back from her tearful eyes. they'd grown from when she cut them.

"i..." she swallowed the disgusting substance. "he's not in love with me, that's ridiculous,"

george scoffed. "molly, are you kidding? you're amazing! i'd be surprised if he wasn't in love with you! which, i think he might be."

molly took a shaky breath in, spitting a few times into the toilet full of tears and vomit. she reached a shaky hand up and flushed the toilet.

"look at me," she said, ashamed. "i'm crying, i'm sick to my stomach, i'm pathetic."

george shook his head. "you're any but that, dear," he said reassuringly. "we all love you."

"i don't think i can handle this," molly sobbed as she said this, letting some extra tears out. "i was in love with this man for... how many years, and as soon as i fall out, move away, get over myself... he suddenly decides to love me back?"

george shrugged, although she couldn't see him, as she was still facing the water.

"this is fucking ridiculous!"

george instantly flinched when he heard the word leave her mouth. molly never cursed! he widened his eyes and swallowed hard. she must be really upset, he decided.

she pursed her lips, regretting ever saying anything on the matter. "i need lay down..."

twenty minutes later, molly was in bed next to george. he agreed to try and stay on the other side of the bed, but molly knew he was a cuddler. anytime they slept in the same bed, he somehow found his way to her side of the bed.

"sorry for breaking your heart,"

"'s alright," he bit his lower lip, holding back a smile. he looked her in the eyes. "merde se."

shit happens.

she rolled onto her side away from him. he sighed and put his hands on his chest. he wasn't tired at all. he only decided to stay with her because she asked him to. and it was raining.