𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

george and paul's argument was shortlived and stupid. it lasted about a minute from after john left. george decided he also didn't want to be there, so he left, leaving a fuming mad paul behind by himself.

however, due to the weather and twenty-twenty-five minute walk back to his house, george trudged right back in.

"once the weather lets up, i'm gone." he scowled. everyone knew paul was selfish and george was stubborn. it was a fact at that point.

back at the williams' home, john and molly were sat together, just taking about life. pointless things, really. it was the small conversations like those that molly really cherished. especially with john, her childhood crush.

it was only about a few hours after her and john's little that molly realized how tragic john's life really was.

"i hope my mom gets out of the hospital soon," molly sighed, nervously putting her hands through her hair.

"oh, yeah. i think george might've mentioned something about that. probably,"

"george? not paul?" she slightly laughed at the irony of her best friend saying something about his friends' mother who was in a coma and not her boyfriend. "typical."

"typical how?"

she shook her head. "just is..."

john huffed and crossed his arms, letting his sopping wet hair air-dry. he blew a of hair out of his mouth—his hair was always rather long for his aunt's liking.

she'd always swat him over the head with a magazine or book and yell, "go get a haircut, boy!"

but john never really would until much later.

"so, i heard you don't want paul to be your boyfriend," john stated awkwardly.

molly snapped her head toward him, mouth hanging open. "where on earth did you hear that?"

john smirked. "what d'you think paul and george are fighting about?"

molly scoffed, getting the blonde hair out of her face and frowning. how ridiculous! "i don't not want to be his girlfriend... it's just... i don't know if i'm ready yet."

john nodded, shifting slightly on the disproportioned and uncomfortable sofa. "paul's a good kid," he blurted, running another hand through his own hair. "he's a good singer—even written a couple ditties about you."

"really?" there was a short spark of happiness in molly's eyes. "that's sweet..."

"he's a sweet guy," john repeated. "girls all over liverpool wanna be with ol' paulie, hear? are you jus' gonna let the fella go?"

molly stayed silent. john was right. paul was in high demand in his youth days. any girl would love to be with him.

"c'mon, molly, don't play the hob, now," he insisted. "paul loves you. you don't want to break his heart, do you? you're probably one of the only girls' he's actually been with for this long! tell him you love him and you wanna be with him, please."

molly blinked. john was only stating facts. she needed this talk to encourage her to pursue their relationship. as much as she hated to think it, she was about to be someone's girlfriend soon.

"i'll tell you what he says, then."

                                      *

paul's house, four pm on a monday. the sun contrasted paul's many features in attracting ways to molly. with nothing to do, the pair weren't arguing, but there was definitely a lot of tension. he invited her over for tea to sort of work things out.