𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐝𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐣𝐨𝐡𝐧.

   may thirtieth, nineteen fifty-eight

"molly, are you ready for school?" molly's mother called.

"yes!" molly replied shortly.

it was the final day for her high school in liverpool. she would get to see her best mates one final time before it was official.

john lennon, george harrison and paul mccartney. her boy friends. not boyfriends, but boy friends. they went to a strictly all-boys school, except for john, who went to an art college.

"we're leaving in two minutes!"

molly combed her hair once again after brushing her teeth. her golden locks just wouldn't lay flat. she resorted to her mother's hair gel. it made her look at least forty. after that situation, she promptly washed it out. she also blow dried it so it wasn't wet. the final product was okay.

it looked like it always did. blonde. boringly straight. but, it suited her.

"one minute!"

after looking at her hair one last time, she flattened her skirt so it wasn't as wrinkled. unfortunately, it had shrunk during its time in the dryer. now, it was at least five inches shorter, all the way above her knee.

all her others weren't clean, and she couldn't wear trousers. her mother told her she'd try and fix them the previous night, but she didn't get around to it once molly's step-father came round. her skirt was shorter, tighter and definitely against school rules, but she had no other choice. it might've fit a six-year-old. she just wore her normal white blouse.

"molly!"

"coming!"

molly rushed downstairs while holding her skirt down so it didn't hitch up.

"well, it's all we're working with at this point," molly argued with her mother after a sharp look. "you didn't fix it last night like you said you would, mother!"

"i know... i love you, goodbye," her mother kissed her cheek and rushed outside. since molly was the only child in the family, molly's mother had to lock the door when she went to work. her mother worked at a job that required her to be present at six am sharp.

molly normally walked to school and sat under a tree until school started since she couldn't be at home. she'd read books all alone, but george sometimes came by to accompany her during the long two hours. today, they were to meet for breakfast at the local café. sometimes, they did that also, using molly's step-father's outrageous allowance money.

he allowed her at least two pounds a week. they used the money to buy other ridiculous things. supplies for pranks, books, molly even bought george a new book-bag. his parents could afford one, but she offered to do so.

she was forced to walk past a certain paul mccartney's house, too. if he was awake early enough in the morning, he'd come out and bug her as she walked. today was one of those days.

"molly! molly! molls!" he called from the upstairs window. he'd been waiting all morning for her to walk by so he could pester her. she rolled her eyes, almost beginning to walk faster, but hesitated. it was the last day of school, after all. after about fifteen seconds, paul was out of the house and walking next to her. he looked her up and down and began laughing. "where you off to?" paul questioned. "going to the strip club?" he roared with laughter.