𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

the flower shop became a refuge for molly to go to for whenever she felt upset. today was one of those days. a cloudy sunday evening. a girl with no intent of anything but looking at her favorite flowers. the perfect match? molly thought so.

it was already june. the years had gone by without warning, no telling if tomorrow would even be a possibility.

"molly, how many times do i have to ask you?"
the voice appeared again.

it was the brainless sod she brought with her. his name was rick, and he was a miserably stupid boy with only girls on his mind.

"when are we finally gonna shag and then ignore each other?" he poked.

"rick, i brought you to a flower shop because i thought it'd make you realize how beautiful they are," molly turned and said. "so please, please be quiet as i look at the flowers."

rick scoffed, saying, "that didn't answer my question,"

"never." she mused after a moment.

"you say that now, but when i'm kissing you, you won't be so sour, will you?" rick came between the flower she was looking at and her, making her impossibly angry.

"let me make myself perfectly clear," she muttered. "rick carmichael, i have no interest in you or your... erm, lips," she pushed him aside again.

rick sputtered a useless argument, but molly didn't listen. finally, when it began getting dark and she was sick and tired of hearing his shrill voice trying to coax her into sex, she decided to make a emergency call.

"hello?" the familiar high voice answered.

"george? can you pick me up at the flower shop? the guy i brought won't stop being weird,"

"uhm... yeah," the croaky voice answered. "i'll be there in ten minutes."

"alright, bye." she hung the phone up and smiled at rick outside the phone booth. "let's head back to the shop,"

"anyways, as i was saying, about my fantasies," rick continued. "i've always had this recurring dream that-"

"rick, stop," molly hissed. "if we're being honest, i don't really want to know about your fantasies."

"well, i just figured i'd still share," rick pressed.

they stopped at a crosswalk before crossing, looking both ways before. molly always had the habit of doing that after what happened to john's mother. even before, she would, but after julia's death, she was even more careful.

"just be quiet. you're much nicer when you don't open your mouth," she confessed.

rick rolled his eyes and was finally quiet. until they reached the shop. "so is this where we're doing it?"

"doing what?" molly asked innocently, truly not knowing what he meant.

he scoffed for the tenth time that night and said, "you know what i mean, molly," they reached a small table where only molly sat.

with wide eyes, molly shook her head, still not knowing. "you're strange, rick."

"i can be stranger if you want me to," he blurted.

molly chuckled and motioned for him to sit as she held one of her favorite flowers; the rose.

"did you know that roses are related to apples, raspberries, cherries, peaches, plums, nectarines, pears and almonds?" she wondered.

rick said no. a boring answer.

"did you also know that there are about a hundred different species of roses?" she held the delicate flower up and examined it. "isn't it amazing? that nature can create such a beautiful thing? all from a seed?"