Field Trip

The school year continued to pass as a usual school year would, nice, slow and considerable easy for you. Heck you thought a few classes were easier than compared to your grandpa's teachings. However, now your biology class was finally doing something fun that you were in love with, field trips. Sure it was to Forever Fall, but it was still nice to get out there and into nature which you haven't done fully since starting Beacon. Still, the fun was on.

You and your team followed behind Goodwitch and Peach with RWBY besides you and JNPR scattered among the group and CRDL taking the rear. You never did like CRDL, they were always a bunch of jokers and bullies. You had no idea why Jaune was hanging out with them, but it was more bizare than you really thought about it. Despite that, you were still excited for the day ahead of you.

Peach: Now boys and girls, your job here is simple. Gather up some sap from the surrounding trees. The process is easy enough. Make a hole in the bark. A SMALL hole, Ms. Valkyrie and Ms. Xiao Long! (Both Nora and Yang look down dejected. You laugh a bit at the comment) And let the sap drip into the jar.

So, CRDL and Jaune walked, leaving you guys to yourselves. You rolled your eyes and stuck with your team and the others and wandered into the woods. As you were walking, Nora accidently walked up and bumped into your arm.

Nora: Ops. Heh. Sorry.

(Y/N): No problem here. Just make sure you don't eat the sap.

Nora: Whhhaaaat? Why would I do that?

(Y/N): It's pure sugar. And it's you. Give me a reason not to think that is a possibility.

Nora: PSH! Whatever! You just want that so you can use that against me later.

(Y/N): Yep. And what are you going to do about it?

Nora groaned and you both laughed to yourselves and walked off. She turned back and glared at Pyrrha and Ren who faked whistled to themselves while walking off to get their own sap. She then returned her gaze forward and the two of you took off. You were able to find a good collection of sap filled trees thanks to your natural knowledge of the woods thanks to you grandfather. You grabbed your jar and were easily able to fill it up to the brink. You felt someone tap you on the shoulder to get your attention. You looked back and smiled once you saw Nora was behind you.

(Y/N): What's up?

Nora: Think you could?

(Y/N): Yeah, yeah.

So, you began to fill up the jar and began to hum a little tune to yourself. So, once you got the jar completely full, you turned back to Nora only to see, no shocker either, that your entire jar was empty and there was sweet sap all around her mouth.

(Y/N): Really?

Nora: (Muffled) What? (She swallows and gives you a smile) You can't be mad at this face.

(Y/N): I probably could if given me a good reason. Like taking ALL MY SAP!!! You know what, this (points to Nora's bottle of sap) this is mine now.

Nora: NO!

Nora playfully began to chase you around a bit with you eagerly joining in. After two rounds around a small clearing you both were in, Peach told you both to calm down and get back to work at gathering the sap. So, you and Nora went back and resumed getting all the sap needed to fill the jar. You then handed the jars off to Ren to watch as you distracted Nora. And by distracted, you basically dragged Nora away from the sap and kept her from eating it all. So, you two began to take a walk throughout the woods.

The walk was relatively quiet and peaceful. Either of you really had a bit to talk about. However, Nora then brought up the comic and you two began to work out some nice story line and some dialogue. As you two were walking, you both got back to the main group and began to hang out with everyone else. However, as you were chilling out, you heard a loud shriek coming from the north base of the woods. Both Goodwitch and Peach were nowhere in sight so you all got your weapons ready for a possible attack.

From the woods, Cardin Winchester's teammates came running. Russel bumped into Yang who grabbed him and held him by his neck while Burly stopped Lark.

Yang: What's happening?!

Russel: A giant Ursa! It's got Cardin!

Pyrrha: JAUNE!

(Y/N): Burly, Gure! Find Goodwitch!

Ruby: Same thing with my team! We'll get Jaune!

You took off with a great pace, sensing someone was behind you. You glanced back and saw Ren and Nora following behind you.

Nora: He's our leader! We ARE coming!

You smirked and nodded. Finally, you, Ren, Nora, Pyrrha, Ruby, Weiss and Silver all arrived at a clearing and saw Jaune block an attack from the Ursa, defending Cardin from harm. Weiss got ready for a strike, but Pyrrha blocked her from moving.

Pyrrha: Wait!

However, you turned back, grabbed Nora and pulled her away as another Ursa emerged and attempted to attack you all. Jaune looked over after he took another slash from the Ursa. You locked eyes with him and waved back to his own Ursa.

(Y/N): We got this one! Take him!

He nodded and continued to attack with Pyrrha watching. Silver dashed forward and grabbed Cardin and got him out of the clearing. The Ursa came in for another slash which you all dodged. Ren opened fire and ran up and stabbed the head of the Grimm. However, the beast fell backwards and crushed Ren under it. Nora ran up and slammed the Grimm's head with her hammer and knocked it off her friend.

The Ursa came back and blocked Nora's second hit and slashed down across her chest and backhanded her into the air.

(Y/N): NORA!

You ran up to the Grimm and dodged one of it's slashes. You then stabbed the side of the beast and used your sword as a stepping point and kicked the Grimm in the head, removed your blade and stabbed it inside the chest of the beast. You were about to finally kill it but an explosion went off and the Grimm's head flew off of its body. You turned back and saw Nora had take aim with her grenade launcher while being cradled in Ren's arms.

Nora: Boop.

You sighed and ran forward to her and kneeled down besides her and Ren. You looked out and saw Jaune killing the other Ursa. You turned back to Nora and slowly began to get her to her feet.

(Y/N): Lean on me.

Nora: Sorry.

(Y/N): Psh. Don't worry about it. Just rest up.

Nora nodded and kept leaning on you. She mumbled something that you couldn't make out so you chucked it up to her being kinda out of it. Once Peach and Goodwitch caught wind of the situation, they came and supported all of you and brought Nora to the infirmary for support. You made it back to your room with your team, all fine and alive.

A day later, you were inside your room hanging out. Then your scroll rang and you saw it was Nora. You eagerly answered.

(Y/N): Yo?

Nora: Hey, (Y/N), I think we need to have that talk now.

(Y/N): Alright. Where?

Nora: North Park. Is this ok for tonight?

(Y/N): Yeah. I'll see you there.

You hung up. So...I guess it's time for a real talk. Let's see what we got.