Story Time

Ren and Nora had lead you throughout the halls of Beacon back into the library besides the courtyard where you three had first met one another. Ren and Nora sat down on one side of the table while you took the other. Hints of confusion racked your brain as to what they could tell you about. The fact they were dating? I mean, a bit of annoyance got to you on that one. Guess you really did have a crush on Nora. Or was it something else, like a deep dark secret that they held together for years.

(Y/N): So...what's up?

Nora and Ren looked at one another. Ren sighed and returned to looking at you.

Ren: (Y/N). We hope you can understand. This topic is...complicated for us. And...since we are good friends, we want you to know that-

Nora: We're trusting you with this. So please...don't tell anyone.

(Y/N): Ok. Guys. Look at me. It's not that bad. No matter what it is.

Nora: Alright. Well, um, you are kinda like family to us.

(Y/N): That's sweet. It really is guys.

Ren: You aren't getting the full picture here, (Y/N). You see...we are orphans. Nora more than me.

(Y/N): Oh...so that's why-

Ren: Yes. I know this must be awkward for you, but try to realize that-

(Y/N): No, no. It's cool. Really. Just...surprising is all.

Nora: And we figured it was best if you knew how.

(Y/N): No offense but, why bring me on? What about Jaune or Pyrrha.

Nora: I think because we have connected better to you than them over the last few weeks.

(Y/N): Me?

Nora: (Y/N)...trust me. This is what we want.

(Y/N): (Sighs) Ok. So...get started you guys.

So, Nora and Ren began to tell you both the tale. Nora explained that she was born into an unknown village in Anima and was quickly abandoned as a child. So, she was placed in an orphanage to be raised in. However, like your grandfather, she was subjected to some torturous ventures. However, unlike your grandfather, Nora was willing to explain everything to you. It was horrifying just to listen to, even Ren wanted her to stop after a while.

After that, she ran off and found Ren's village. Ren was the son of a hunter and lived outside the kingdom of Mistral. Ironically enough, Ren was a timid child but grew up after he saved Nora from both bullies and a massive Grimm that attacked the village. The Grimm killed Ren's parents before his eyes and left him all alone. Like Nora's story, it was rough to listen to, heart breaking even. Still, the two found one another at the age of six and began to move around the world. Nora taught Ren the world of the streets and Ren taught Nora Anima culture.

The two of them got some combat practice in exchange of manual labor and a place to live with an old hermit. The guy taught them all combat and was essential a father to them. However, the old man died of old age around three years ago and the two moved out and along yet again. From there, the two of them went through a fighting spree along the south coast of the continent. Taking on mission after mission to get funds. It was then that Ren began to learn how to cook, mainly that of pancakes.

The two continued to move throughout the lands and soon moved to Sanus, mainly that of Vale. After finding more hardships in Vale, the two got wind of Beacon's offer to all young warriors to join them in their ranks. After weeks of training, using whatever funding they had left and continued to push themselves to their limits and beyond. After that, the two even pushed themselves more and got into Beacon. You still had had nothing to use or even say for yourself. This was really a complicated issue.

(Y/N): So...that's your life essentially speaking? That's pretty, something, I guess to say.

Ren: We just wanted to let you know. We just...

(Y/N): Ren. We're cool. It's just a backstory.

He nodded and you returned with a smile. He got up and left the room while you kept smiling. Backstory or not, they were still your best friends. However, you then realized someone else was with you. You turned and saw Nora was standing at the table, her head down.

(Y/N): Hey. What's up? (No response) Nora. If you're worried about the whole backstory deal, it's fine. It's behind you. Nora?

Nora stays silent, clearing thinking about something. You didn't know what to do in this scenario so you slightly tabbed Nora's shoulder. That seemed to have shocked her out of her thoughts and nearly scared her to death. She screamed a bit and fell backwards out of her chair, got up and entered a battle stance however, calmed down when she only saw you.

Nora: Oh, uh, sorry.

(Y/N): You ok? You've been kinda out of it for the last few days.

Nora glanced around a bit, a tad bit of worry on her face.

(Y/N): Nora? You know you can tell me anything, right? So, talk to me. What's wrong?

Nora: It's nothing. Just thinking about stuff. Stupid stuff.

(Y/N): Well...do you want to talk about it?

Nora: (Sighs) Ireallylikeyouandthinkyou'rehot!

(Y/N): What?

Nora: I said: I think we should work on that comic.

(Y/N): Really? Because it sounded like something else.

Nora: NOPE! It was the comic! Always the comic!

(Y/N): Ok then. I guess. Shall we?

So, you just began to work on the comic with Nora. You both decided to focus on a backstory for the main hero along with a main villain. The story itself was all nice and fun, but you still felt like something was seriously wrong here. You just couldn't pinpoint it. So, with more and more work to be done, you both finally finished a large portion of the comic and decided to call it a night. However, before you both could walk away, you reached out and grabbed Nora's shoulder to stop her.

Nora: Yeah?

(Y/N): Nora...I'm serious. Hey. How about this? If there is anything you want to tell me, you pick the place and we go there. Ok?

Nora: Ye-yeah. Sure. Ok. See ya later.

Nora grabbed her things and ran out of the library. You were concerned but waved it off but worry was still there. Nora slammed into her room and suddenly saw her teammates all looking at her with questionable looks.

Jaune: Nora? Everything ok?

Nora: I think I'm ready to tell him. Well, I tried to but he was kinda dense about it. And furthermore I just think-

Pyrrha: Tell whom what?

Nora: Tell (Y/N) I...I like him. A lot.