Creative Day

The first week of classes went by relatively smoothly as you got to know your teachers and see how they taught and interacted with their students. So far, Port was your favorite. Not because of his teaching style, but because he was so clueless it was kinda funny. However, when it came down to discipline, he was not afraid of dishing it out. He kinda reminded you of your grandfather.

Currently, Friday classes were done with and you were hanging out in the school gardens. You had begun to use your scroll for your writing now rather than a piece of paper and a pen. You had finished that victory scene you begun to write at the victory party and were now working your way up through the rest of the story. You changed up the names here and there and added a more sci-fi metropolis feel to the whole story. It was a lot of fun to play around with.

As you were working on your project, you felt that someone was watching you. Deciding to take a quick break, you looked up and saw Nora was standing before you with a smile on her face. You smiled back at her and slide over and offered her a spot with you. She smiled wider and sat down besides you.

Nora: Hey. Whatcha doing this time?

(Y/N): Working on the story I started at the party. And you?

Nora: Just got away from Pyrrha and Weiss' "study" session. So boring!

(Y/N): I'll bet. I mean, it does sound like a good idea.

Nora: I know. But it's just so boring to me. I much rather be out here, killing Grimm and not caring about anything in the world.

(Y/N): I hear you.

Nora took out a sheet of paper and began to draw the gardens of Beacon. You continued to write without caring and let everyone come to pass. However, the heat of spring was getting to you guys. Some sweat dropped from your heads onto Nora's sheet.

(Y/N): You want to head inside somewhere? Get out of this weather?

Nora: If you don't mind?

(Y/N): Not at all. Let's roll.

The two of you got up and left to find a spot. Nora had informed you that the study session was in the JNPR dorm so you both headed over to the library. The air conditioner was on high so you both cooled down and got to work. During the read through, you felt something hit you in the face. You closed your scroll and look forward only to have Nora throw another paper ball at your face. You gave her an annoyed scowl and she giggled in response.

(Y/N): Yeah, what's up?

Nora: Hey, so I was thinking. Maybe I could make drawings based off of your story.

(Y/N): What like turn this into a comic?

Nora: YEAH!

You glanced around, thinking about the idea. You decided why not and agreed with her.

(Y/N): Let's do it.

Nora: YES!

So the process began. The two of you got to work with one another on this project. After explaining to her the overall premiss of the story and the sense of dread you wanted her to give to it, she was ready. You two worked on the art and she listed her inabilities so you could edit those out of the story, making it easier for her to draw. You saw her first few pages and were in love with it. The panels were grim and dark, detailing a dystopian future. The main character's design wasn't what you originally envisioned but it was so interesting to look at.

You had sent Nora with some writings of the first few chapters as you were only on chapter 6 of what you planned 18. Nora was still down to work on this project and you both continued to grind it out. During the work, you both begun to open up to one another a bit more.

Nora: So, you never truly knew your parents?

(Y/N): No. They died when I was young. Killed in a bombing at my father's work. My Grandfather had raised me since I was four months old. Still don't know if they loved me or not.

Nora: Must be cool. You know, having someone raise you and try to take care of you.

(Y/N): I know you and Ren went traveling...but...what are you talking about?

Nora: It's nothing. Sorry for bringing it up.

(Y/N): Nora...is there something you feel like you need to tell me because you can if you want. I'm not here to beat you down for anything.

Nora: It's fine. I probably should get going anyway. I think Ren said he and I should train around 6. So...I'll see you later.

Nora gathered her stuff up and began to walk away from the table. You reached out slightly but stopped and watched her walk off.

(Y/N): Yeah. See ya.

That feeling came back to you once again. Only this time, things felt dreadful. Like you had done something so wrong you had no idea how to fix it. A hint of sadness washed over you and you just sighed, packed up your things and got ready to leave the library. You left and went back to your dorm and crashed down onto your bed. You just didn't know what to think or act. You just laid there and let the time pass by.

Meanwhile, Nora ran into her room, quickly closed the door and walked into the bathroom and began to splash water onto her face, trying to hide the blush from herself.

Ren: Nora? You ok?

Nora turned backwards and saw her childhood friend standing at the entryway of the bathroom. Nora gave off a massive smile and walked out with a skip in her step.

Nora: Doing just fine. Why do you ask?

Ren: Nora...I know when you don't feel good. So, are you doing alright or not?

Nora nodded her head and brushed past her friend.

Nora: I feel something. Something that I've never felt before. And...I don't know how to feel about it. Or even what TO feel about it.

Ren: Perhaps an illness? I would suggest a trip to the school's infirmary.

Nora: Yeah. I guess that could work.

Meanwhile, you crashed into your room and threw your stuff down besides your desk and crashed onto your bed as well.

Gure: Someone's pissed.

You turned and looked at Gure and Burly at their desks doing some work.

Gure: So, what got you all in a frazzled?

(Y/N): Nora. I think I really pissed her off today. And it sucks. And, it's like, whenever I talk to her, there's this feeling in my chest although I don't know why it's there or how I can get rid of it.

Burly: That my friend, is called the emotion of "love".

Gure: You got a crush my man. Which could explain where Silver is right now.

Burly: Speaking of, do you not have a date with Blake?

Gure: Up, up, up! It's not a date! Just a casual get together while drinking tea and coffee. Nothing more. But yes, I do need to get going to that!

While Gure left, you began to ponder. You were homeschooled, so you didn't have that much interaction with other kids. So, no real childhood crushes. But this...what if this was real? Did you really have a crush on Nora? I mean, you could see why. She was bubbly, fun, energetic, lovable...oh my...you did have a crush.