Homecoming

You grabbed your wrist blade, your dust including ice, burn, lighting, earth and air and loaded them up into your weapons belt and inside your (F/C) jacket. You strapped your boots up and tucked your pants into them. You attached your chest armor to your shirt and began to do warm up techniques to get you pumped up. Today was the day. You had been planning this more months, ever since you were a wee sprout being trained by your grandfather. He was more into hand-to-hand which is why you went for up close and personal style of fighting.

After getting everything ready and your bags packed up and ready, you walked outside and to a small shed and grabbed a parasail and got ready to guild from the top of your mountain home and down to Beacon Academy, your dream school. Your grandfather was never a fan of the school mainly due to its headmaster, but he didn't stop you from going.

You grabbed the sail, made final preparations and got ready to go for it. However, before you did go, your felt a hand on your shoulder. You turned around and smiled up as your grandfather was standing before you.

Grandfather: Do you have everything?

(Y/N): I got it, Grandpa. Don't worry about me.

Grandfather: I know, it's just. I don't trust the school.

(Y/N): Grandpa. I know. (Hugs him) I'll write you.

Grandfather: I know. Good luck.

(Y/N): See ya, Grandpa Hazel. Say "Bye" to Granutie Gretchen for me!

With that, you leapt off for Beacon Academy. The flight was smooth as it could be. Turbanlance here and there but you ended off using a Schnee Liner for transport after latching onto it. Finally, you arrived at Beacon Academy and was even able to show off your skill to some of the new fresh ladies. You gave a group of them a wink and walked off. You looked around in awe of the surroundings. Beacon always looked so far and so tiny from your mountain home. But here, this place was enormous. Heck it was like a maze just trying to find where you were suppose to-

???: INCOMING!

You turned around and whacked directly in the face by someone's rear and both of you fell to the ground. You sat up and shook your head, trying to regain your senses.

Black Haired Boy: I apologize for her, she's...different. I am Lie Ren.

(Y/N): (Y/N) (L/N).

Ren helped you up and then she pointed to the girl.

Ren: That's Nora. She-for the love of-

Ren immediately turned away as did you when Nora was obviously had her rear in the air and her panties exposed. However, you slowly turned around to catch a peek only for the girl to jump onto your back and accept you as a pony.

Nora: To freedom and adventure! For the queen! (Jumps off of you and lands besides Ren) Hi.

Ren: Yeah...different.

(Y/N): Eh. According to my grandpa, this is how my grand aunt Gretchen use to act. You get used to these stories.

Nora: Oh! Fun stories about fun people! AWESOME! (To Ren) Better than your stories.

Nora then rushed up to you and around you, asking questions along the way.

Nora: Who are you? Where did you come from? Is your grandpa big and if he is, do you know if he has punched through metal?! How many people have you punched in the face?!

(Y/N): Uh. (Y/N) (L/N),'s the name. Mountain home up there. He is. He has. About 22 total, not counting Grimm or bar fights.

Nora smiled and giggled with one of the largest smiles on her faces possible. You could tell she was going to want all the intel possible on your life. You heard her snicker a bit.

Nora: This is going to be so much fun! Our trio of story tellers and dreamers! Let's roll boys! Destiny waits for no one!

Nora shot off like a bottle rocket and ran back to the main entrance of Beacon, leaving you and Ren standing still, watching her.

(Y/N): She has meds? I feel like meds could be good for her.

Ren: We just moved here so we probably should, yes.

(Y/N): (Smiles) I'm going to like hanging out with you guys.

Ren: Believe me, she likes you already.

A small blush appeared on your face but you quickly shook that off and mentally slapped yourself. First time in your life you heard a girl liked you. But that shouldn't matter. You and Ren set off after her. Once the opening ceremonies were done with, you and your new found friends were sent off with everyone else to the ballroom for the night. You had little to prepare for with the evening coming up and all so you just brushed up, got your sleep pants on and went out to find a good place to sit.

You saw Ren waving to you. You smiled and walked over and kneeled down beside Ren and you could see Nora drawing something. You laid down your sleeping bag next to Ren's and smiled to him.

(Y/N): Yo.

Ren: Hello. You having a nice evening.

(Y/N): Yep. How about you Nora? You having a nice...night?

Nora's face was covered in a bit of a blush as she saw you. However, she quickly shook her head and gave you a sultry smile before using Ren's side as a support for her elbow.

Nora: Doing dandy. Everyone here is CCCRRRAAAZZZZYYYY!!!!

(Y/N): (Whispering to Ren) Get! Her! Meds!

Nora: I can hear you!

You rolled your eyes and laughed a bit. You then looked over and saw Nora had some color pencils in hand along with a sketchpad.

(Y/N): Whatcha got there?

Nora: Oh, uh, this? Well, um-

(Y/N): It's fine if you don't want to say anything. I understand.

Nora: What? No, no, no. It's just hard to describe is all. You see I...I really like making comics and other stories through art. I just find it helps me out a lot with dealing with a new area. Keeps me connected is all.

(Y/N): That's cool. I myself like writing a lot. My grandfather gave me plenty of stories to adapt. Sure, most of them were about the Faunus War which he served in.

Nora: Wow...really? Did he ever give some super awesome mega story about it?

(Y/N): Not really. He just kinda talked about stuff. A few battles here and there. Heck, still don't know how he found my mother.

Ren: You mean, he's technically your-

(Y/N): Adoptive Grandfather? Yeah. I mean, he still raised me so he's really neat. You guys should come up for a day, meet him.

Ren: We wouldn't want to-

Nora: That sounds wicked! Oh man, I bet he's like 9 feet tall or something like that!

(Y/N): Eight feet actually.

Nora: AWESOME!

Suddenly, the lights went out and everything went completely black.

(Y/N): I guess this means lights out?

Ren: It appears so.

Nora: Oh well. See you guys in the morning! I can tell this is going to be so much fun! Oh and (Y/N). If you're serious about the "writing for me" thing, then we should talk more.

(Y/N): Agreed. Well, night guys.

Nora: Nighty night!

Ren: Good night.

So...so far, things weren't too bad. You actually already made friends. You didn't have that many before so this...this was a great triumph for you. And they want you to stay with them? This was going to be a fun school year. All thanks to your friends. And who knows, maybe you could make even more friends this year than you ever thought possible.