Party Time

Once the initiation process into Beacon had come to a close, you and your team got into your dorms and began to unpack.  You and Silver took one side of the room while Gure and Burly took the other.  You and Gure had a quick connection as you two loved to joke around a bit, mainly with insult humor and other forms of jokes.  Burly had also grown up in the mountains and on a farm, so you and he held that bond of your own.

It was Silver who seemed most isolated from the team.  He viewed Gure as childish and you as annoying.  He only seemed to respect Burly.  However, that's where tonight came into play.  Nora and Ren invited you and your teammates to a party at the JNPR dorm to celebrate getting into the school along with Team RWBY, the four girls you were with during the trail.  You brought some soda that you and Burly went out and bought while Gure got some meat for burgers.

Silver: I still find it very unhealthy that you want to grill inside a dorm room.

Gure: Well, where else are we going to grill?  Outside?  We don't want to attract some losers to this party.  Then again, that could explain why you are here.

(Y/N): OH!  Got'em!

Silver: I hate you two so much.

Burly: Silver, my friend.  Please try to find some enjoyment.  We are a team and we should find enjoyment with one another. 

Silver: Yeah, yeah.

You knocked on the door and Nora stood there with a massive smile on her face.  You returned the smile and sniffed the air.

(Y/N): Are those hot dogs?!

Nora: Yeahyo!  Come on guys!  (To everyone else) Big meat's here!

You heard some shouts of joy as you and the guys entered the room.  You didn't know where to go so you just placed the food down and sat down besides Nora on the bed.  You looked around and smiled seeing the joy.  Yang, Blake and Gure were cooking the meat, each focusing on a single one; hot dogs, fish and burgers.  Jaune, Burly and Ruby were talking and laughing with Silver and Weiss getting to know one another as did Pyrrha and Ren.

You glanced over and saw that Nora was stekteching out the room.  You grabbed a notepad you had with you and began to write down details and soon, began to write a story relating to the image.  You were two paragraphs in when you realized Nora was watching you write.  She offered up a smile and you returned it.

Yang: YO!  Food's ready!

You and Nora got up, however, she practically flew threw the air and grabbed like six burgers and a few hot dogs and quickly ate them all in a matter of seconds.  You all looked on in shock as Nora burped that nearly shook everything in the room. 

Nora: Sorry, not sorry.

You just laughed like no tomorrow.  Nora began to laugh with you and together you both ate along the rest.  Of course by the end of it, Nora was complaining because she was still hungry.  Afterwards, Yang and Ruby suggested a movie to watch.  There was horror, comedy and so far and so on.  We had all placed it to a vote and you all chose an action movie, Country Boy.

You all sat down and began to watch the film.  Weiss complained that it was a mindless film with Silver agreeing to it.  That was their big mistake as you all began to make jokes involving the two as a couple now.  Of course that got you all laughing and Silver and Weiss upset with you all.  That didn't matter though.  The night was fun.  During the movie watching, Nora scuttled over to you and sat down besides you. 

Nora: What were you writing?

(Y/N): Oh, I was just writing a victory scene.  You know.  Heroes gather together and just have some fun.  That type of thing.  Kinda based it off of that sketch you made.

Nora blushed a bit and gave you a smile.  She took out the pad and continued her sketch of the area while you continued to write.  Honestly, either of you continued to pay attention to the movie, rather just kept up watching each other and working on the tale at hand.  That was until Yang suggested a game of cards which you were all in.  Her original idea was strip poker, but that was shot down by everyone except Nora and Gure. 

The next idea came in and was much more accepted.  Poker tournaments.  Each team would play five hands and the winner would play the other winners of the other teams.  Gure was the first one out for your team since he was trash at cards.  Next was Burly. 

(Y/N): Didn't know you could play cards so well, Silver.

Silver: It was a tradition of my mother's family.  My aunt owns a casino too.  So, she taught me some tricks.

(Y/N): So I take it you are indeed the rich kid of the team.

Silver: I presume second to Weiss.

(Y/N): Makes sense.

The two of you played your hands.  Silver brought in a full house with two kings and three jacks.  While you would have been surprised earlier, you smirked and laid down your hand.

(Y/N): Four of a kind!  Read'em and weep boys!

Silver's eyes widen and he groaned as he lost the round.  Four of a kind of pure aces.  Burly laughed while Gure swore to himself and then you.  Finally, the final few hands begun for the victors.  You were up against Jaune and Blake.  Silver dealt and you all watched closely.  Nora was silently rooting for Jaune.  Silent meaning screaming out in victory 24/7.  She was still fun to hang out with sometimes. 

Despite all that, the three of you went all out for this game.  Raising the pot to insane amounts just to piss off one another.  You had a three of a kind.  No way you could take this one.  Finally you pushed out a few more chips and rose the bet.  Blake groaned and leaned back in her seat.  She looked at her cards again and slapped them onto the table and got up and left.  Gure quickly followed her out.  You all looked at one another and confusion lead completely. 

You and Jaune got heated.  However, the more you rose the pot, the more and more nervous you became.  Finally, you both decided to call it.  Jaune laid down his hand first.  A full house.  You looked up to him in a deadpanned stare and placed your cards on the table, got up, bowed and walked away.  Everyone laughed and Nora, Yang, Ruby all began to berate you for your dumb failure.  So, the night really came down to a talk with one another. 

Finally, you all decided to head out.  Blake and Gure came back into the room later on.  Yang, of course, made some jokes which made the whole room awkward.  However, all good things had to come to an end and you and your teammates left JNPR's dorm.  Before you left, Nora followed you out to wish you goodbye.

(Y/N): That was a lot of fun. 

Nora: Yeah!  We should do that again some time!  I think I can beat you in cards!

(Y/N): Bring it! 

Nora: Hey, so I was wondering.  The whole...writing drawing thing.  Think we can make that full time?

(Y/N): Yeah, sure.  Think it could be fun. 

Nora: Thanks.  It really does mean a lot.

(Y/N): No problem. 

Nora: Well...I'll see you tomorrow then.

(Y/N): Yeah.  Later.

She waved you off and you began to follow your team.  However, deep down there was an odd feeling in your chest.  Something you only got when she was around.  It was weird, but manageable.