Chapter 9: PARALLEL WAY OF THINKING?

As expected, what happened caused a media frenzy! The reporters were now unstoppable… no amount of security could stop them from taking photos and asking, actually shouting, questions.

“ARE YOU TWO DATING?”

“DID THAT JUST CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE A COUPLE?”

“WHAT HAPPENED IN THE MEXICAN RESTAURANT TWO WEEKS AGO?”

“SINCE WHEN HAVE YOU BEEN SEEING EACH OTHER?”

“HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN HIDING YOUR RELATIONSHIP?”

He froze. He wanted to clear the issue but he did not know where to start. Why didn’t he notice the media when he went inside the room? He felt stupid.

He looked at Jessica and felt guilty. All he wanted to do was to tell her he loved her but instead, he put her career in jeopardy. She was standing stiller than a statue, she seemed immobile. He wanted to comfort her but he knew things would just get worse if he did that. He knew he needed to explain what happened but he really did not know where to begin.

“Listen, guys,” he said, “I’m sorry for what happened.”

She grabbed his arm. “Don’t say anything,” she whispered.

“I’m sorry, Jess.” He whispered back. She did not reply.

The media kept probing and seemed determined to get answers. What happened will surely keep them in the center of gossip sites for a longer period of time.

Jessica smiled. “Well, I was here to announce my upcoming tour but that’s obviously not what you’re focusing on now, is it?” she joked.

The reporters went crazy.

“JESSICA PLEASE JUST ONE QUESTION!”

“JESSICA!!!”

“ARE YOU AND PHILLIP TOGETHER?” “SINCE WHEN? “DID YOU FIGHT TWO WEEKS AGO?” “ARE YOU GOING TO CONFIRM YOUR RELATIONSHIP ALREADY?” They were not stopping.

“Okay okay. I’ll answer some questions, all right? But after I do, can we talk about the tour?” She said calmly.

The media obviously agreed.

He was confused. What was she doing? She suddenly held his arm and signaled him to follow her to the stage. He obliged.

“Jess, what’s happening?” he whispered. She said nothing.

“Yes?” She pointed at the man wearing a gray polo shirt and wide rimmed glasses.

“Hi Jessica, I’m Jason from Us Weekly…”

“Hello.”

 “So what’s your status with Phillip? Are you guys dating?”

“Well, we’re two people enjoying each other’s company. Yes, you?” She pointed at another reporter.

“I’m Loren from MTV. How long have you been dating?”

“Like what I said, we’re just two people enjoying each other’s company.”

“What did that hug mean then?”

She smiled. “He’s just really a sweet guy.” She looked at him tenderly. He smiled.

“Last question. Yes?”

“Mart from Hollywood Reports. Phillip, Jessica I’m sorry but we’re not dumb – “

“Excuse me, sir.” Jessica’s publicist suddenly interrupted.

“ – we don’t believe your answer, obviously you two are –“