Chapter 11 - Girls Night Out

MacKenzie's POV

"Hey, you guys wanna see something really cool?" Ralph asks as most of us are in the speedlab.

"Uh, sure, go for it." Barry says, tired.

"Stretch, Ralph. Stretch." Ralph says.

Ralph stretches his body into the running tunnel.

"That is pretty cool." Cisco says,

"Mm-hmm." Harry says.

"Okay, look, a-are you sure we can't find this DeVoe guy?" Barry asks. "I mean, we were warned. We had a heads-up that someday, someone named DeVoe would be one of my greatest foes."

"And the other thing to think about is, do you know how many people there are in this state alone with the name DeVoe?" Cisco asks.

"No." Barry says.

"Thousands." Harry says. "And we still don't have an age."

"Unless one of your greatest foes is the three-month-old William DeVoe who lives four blocks from here." Cisco says.

"I don't think one of my greatest enemies is a baby." Barry says.

"Evil killer baby." CIsco says,

"Ehh, could happen." Harry says and I laugh at them both.

"You're right." Barry says.

There's a knock and we all look over.

"Hey." Felicity says, walking in with balloons.

"Yo, Felicity!" Barry exclaims and me and him walk over to her. "How'd you get in here?" He asks, hugging her.

"I literally walked in here." Felicity says. "You have you have no security, you have no alarms, you have nothing on your door. You guys might wanna consider something, anything at all."

"You came prepared." Barry notes, looking at the balloons.

Felicity hugs me.

"Well, yeah, Team Arrow to Team Bride, you know, very excited for that bachelorette party." Felicity says.

"Yep, getting inebriated with same gender to celebrate an archaic institution?" Harry says.

"Priceless." Cisco says.

"I mean, you only get married once, so... Well, actually, pretty much everyone gets divorced these days." Felicity says. "55% to be exact, I mean, that's just statistics. But not not you and Iris. That would just... That would never happen to you guys...." She trails off when she sees Ralph's stretched out body. "Whose feet are those?"

"That's Ralph Dibny." Barry says.

"I'm gonna I'm gonna go meet up with the ladies." Felicity says. "Come on, Mack, that is...freaky."

We walk out.

***

"Well, here you are." Felicity says when we find Caitlin at a computer. "Okay, are you ready for the ladies' nights to end all ladies' nights?"

"And by that, she means a quiet, low-key dinner at a very classy restaurant." Iris says.

"Yeah. That's exactly what I mean." Felicity says. "Super low-key, super quiet... Do you want a pink or a blue feather boa?"

"Actually, Iris, if it's okay, I don't think I'm gonna make it tonight." Caitlin says. "I'm just not feeling up to it."

"What?" Iris asks.