Chapter 2 - The Flash Reborn

MacKenzie's POV

"I can't believe you did this behind my back." Iris says as we walk into the workroom.

"You would've tried to stop us." Wally says.

"Because it was a waste of time." Iris says.

"I don't understand." Cisco says, looking at the computer screens. "This should've worked."

"Or you could've killed us all." Iris says.

"Let me check your calculations." I say, moving Cisco out of the way. 

"I don't know, Iris." Caitlin speaks up. "I think we were pretty close."

"I'm sorry, 'we'?" Iris asks and I stop what I'm doing and look up at them. "Where have you been the last six months again?"

"She was only trying to help." Joe says.

"Look, guys, we need to concentrate on stopping this Samurai who's trying to destroy the city, not on Barry." Iris says.

"Dude, what is your deal?" Cisco asks and Joe's phone rings. "It's like you don't even want him back."

Iris is about to kill Cisco for that comment.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Joe breaks them up. He picks up the phone. "Cecile, can I call you back in a minute? We're in the middle of something here." He listens for a second. "What?"

We drive to the police station and Cecile breaks down what's happening.

"State police picked him up on the 112 outside of Ivy City." Cecile says.

"That's 300 miles away." Joe says.

"Yeah, one of the cops is a Keystone vet. Recognized him." Cecile says.

"I knew it would work." Cisco says. "I knew it."

We reach the door.

"You should prepare yourselves." Cecile says.

She opens the door and we walk in. Barry's sitting there in front of a wall drawing random symbols.

"Barry?" Iris asks. "Barry."

Barry looks over and stands up.

"Nora shouldn't be here." Barry says.

"Your mom isn't here, Barry." Iris says. "It's it's me, Iris. You're home."

"Your Honor, I'm innocent." Barry says. "I didn't do this. I didn't kill anyone. Can you hear the stars singing? Rhyming, chiming, timing every hour, every minute. You said the city was safe, that there was no residual danger, but that's not true. What really happened that night?"

"The city is safe." Iris says. "You saved it. You saved us all."

Barry pauses.

"Stars melting like ice cream, dream, gleam." Barry says. "Nothing seems Nora shouldn't be here."

"I'm guessing this isn't just shock." Joe says to Caitlin.

"Shock results from a drop in blood pressure. This is neurological." Caitlin says.

"Barry?" I ask, stepping forward. Cisco tries to keep me back but I shrug his attempt off.

Barry turns to see me. His eyes hold mine and he has tears.

"You're okay." He says in barely a whisper. "My baby girl's okay."

Tears are in my eyes as well as my heart breaks.

"It's a whole new way of looking at physics. It will change the way that we think about everything, from a single atom to an entire galaxy." Barry says. "God!" He screams, dropping to the ground. "Stars so loud. Loud, cloud, proud. Dad and I are both okay. We're gonna be fine. I'm just not sure I'm like you, Oliver."