Chapter 5 - Luck Be a Lady

MacKenzie's POV

"Hey!" I yell, running through the maze of laser field.

Barry, Caitlin, and Cisco were all on a team and I was on a team with kids my age.

Just then, Barry jumps out from a corner and gets shot down by someone on my team.

"Oh, come on." Barry groans. "They got me."

Then, Cisco pops out and gets shot down by Chad.

"For real, Chad? In the back?" Cisco asks.

"Suck it, old man." Chad says and I laugh.

"Wait, did you guys die already?" Caitlin asks Barry and Cisco.

"Come on." Barry says and they leave.

I shoot Caitlin out and smile at her.

Then the two of us leave after the boys.

Cisco sits on the picnic table outside with us and Chad walks by.

"You better watch yourself, Chad." Cisco says. "Come at me at the paintball field next time.

I'll kick your little--Hey!" He covers when he sees Chad's mother. "Mrs. McConnell. How you doing? Chad's a treasure. He really is."

"You're just upset you lost to a bunch of kids." I say, smiling at Cisco.

Cisco mocks me and I stick my tounge out at him.

Joe walks over with a bunch of food.

"Pretzel for Caitlin." Joe says, starting to hand out food. "Corn dog for Iris, two franks for Cisco."

"Yes, thank you." Cisco says.

"Pizza for Mack." He says, handing me a slice of pizza.

"I didn't ask for pizza." I tell him, confused.

"No, you asked for chocolate and that is not actual food." Joe says and then he starts putting food down for Barry. "Three burgers, five churros, and six funnel cakes for Barry."

"Look at all of this junk." Cecile says. "Guys, I'm really sorry. If the pipes in the house weren't making this weird, annoying sound, I would have just actually had you all over for dinner."

"Squeaky pipes at the West house. What a surprise." Barry sarcastically says.

"Mmhmm." Iris says.

"Really? You're familiar with this sound?" Cecile asks.

"Oh, yeah." Iris says. 'You mean the--" She mimics the sound.

"Yeah." Cecile says.

"It's been doing that for 18 years?" Barry asks.

"Yeah." Iris confirms.

"Every house has a personality, Iris. Just likes to be heard." Joe says.

Iris gets a text.

"Oh, my gosh." Iris says, looking at her phone. "They broke up. The Wexler-Waclawiks broke up."

"For real?" Barry asks.

"Yes." Iris says.

"Hell yeah." Barry exclaims, high fiving Iris.

"Yes!" Cisco exclaims. "Uh, who are the Wexler-Wa-claws-wilix, and why are we happy that their love is dead?"

"They're a couple that were getting married at the Propizio the weekend of the 2nd." Iris says. "Which means now the venue is open."