He's baaack

You're driving down the road and hear a smile childish giggle in the back seat. Your eyes dart to the rearview mirror and you see your small baby in the back seat. His caramel brown eyes shining in delight as he plays with one of the stuffed animals Riker sent him. You find yourself smiling because of how much your son already looks like Riker at 5 months old with his blonde hair and toothless smile.

You are on your way to LAX to pick Riker up from the airport. He, and the rest of R5, just arrived from their national tour across the United States. You hadn't seen Riker in 4 months and it was killing you. You pull into the airport and quickly find a parking spot. You unload your little son carrying him in his blue car seat into the airport. You are standing in the middle of LAX one hand holding your son's carrier, and the other scrolling for your phone so you can call Riker and find out where he is. Right as your thumb is hovering about Riker's name, you get a text from Riker that says, 'Turn around.'

You turn around slowly and you are face to face with a smiling Riker suitcase trailing behind him and two duffel bags in hand. You let out a squel and gently sit your son down and run the short distance to Riker. He lets his stuff fall to the floor and scoops you up into his arms. Your arms are wrapped around his neck and his arms are wrapped around your waist. Slowly, Riker spins you in circles as he kisses you gently. The kiss is filled with longing, want, and so much passion it brings tears to your eyes. He places your feet back on the floor and you smile.

"I've missed you," You say looking up into his eyes afraid to let go of his hand for fear he might disapear again.

"You didn't tell us that the baby was such a little Riker!" Grandma Lynch called over to you and Riker. You both turn to look in her direction. She had already taken the baby out of the carrier and was holding him gently in her arms, "I mean look at that smile!"

"We missed you," You correct looking back into his eyes, "He's missed you. You haven't seen him since he was a month old."

"I've missed both of you," Riker says pulling you close into another kiss, "I'm going to go see if I can steal him from momma."

You smile widely, tucking a piece of hair behind you face and walk over to you sister-in-law and brother-in-laws, "Hey. I missed you."

Ross smiles and pulls you into a hug, "I missed you more. Riker would not shut up about you, like at all."

You giggle, "I am his wife. Well, that felt weird to say."

Rocky pulls you into a hug, "How have you been, beautiful?"

"What?" Ross asked confused and pulls your attention from Rocky.

"Hm?" You mumble your eyes darting over to where Riker was standing with the baby and his parents, then back to Ross.

"What do you mean it feels weird to say you are Riker's wife?" Ross asked intently staring you in the eyes.

"I don't know it just seems so new." You shrug and turn to Rocky for a better explanation.

Ross looks taken aback, "You've been married for a year and a half. You two even have a son together."

Rocky looks at you like I-got-this. You smile and let him take it away, "It doesn't matter how long they've been married. It still just feels new to her."

You look at Rocky, Rydel, Ratliff, Ryland, and finally rest your eyes on Ross, "It still feels like a dream. Every time I look at Riker, I still get butterflies in my stomach and my heart races. I get nervous every time he's around me. I just feel like it's a huge dream and one day, I'm going to wake up and it's all going to be gone." As you finish, you turn and hug Rydel.

"Awe." She whispers into your hair, then pulls back adding, "I hope you know Auntie Rydel is taking the baby home with her tonight."

You laugh and shake your head pulling Ellington and Ryland each into a hug. Ellington's phone rings and we walks off talking to Kelly. Riker wanders over to where you are standing with his family, your baby in his arms, "What are we doing over here?"

"Talking about you," You smile at him as he slides his hand around your waist. This was your perfect little family.

"And I was telling Mrs. Riker Lynch here, that I am taking the baby home to spend some quality time with him," said Rydel smiling down at your baby.

"And I was telling Miss Rydel Lynch that his daddy wants to spend some quality time with his baby that he hasn't seen in four months," You say looking at Rydel giggling. You loved your in-laws so much.

Riker looks down at you and smiles, "Maybe Rydel can take the baby for tonight."

You stare Riker in the eyes, "But you haven't seen him in four months! You need to spend quality time with him."

Riker smileed mischeviously, "I need to spend quality time with my wife, too."

You feel a blush creeping up on your face, "Riker."

"Yes, my beautiful, perfect wife?" Riker asks innocently.

You start laughing, "Don't do that to me. Maybe tomorrow." You stand up on your tip toes and peck Riker on the lips. It sure was great to be able to see your crazy, adorable, dorky husband again <3