Uh- oh

“I can’t believe this is happening to me… to us,” you whisper, your cheeks wet tears.

Riker gently turns your face towards his and pulls you closer to him as you lay on his couch, “It’ll all work out. Don’t cry, beautiful.”

Gently, you shake his hands off of your face and sit up, “I always had it planned out. College, marriage, a great job, then a baby. I’ve screwed it all up now. Now our baby isn’t going to have the perfect life I wanted it to have.”

Riker’s hands gently found yours and he sits up next to you, holding your body gently against his, “We’ll make this work. Sure, it’s not ideal, but I’ll do anything I have-”

You jump up, your tears flowing heavier, “I’M ONLY SEVENTEEN, RIKER!”

Riker stands up and wraps his arms around you, “We’ll make this work, I promise. I’ll do whatever I have to do. You’re not going to be on your own.”

You slide one hand on your stomach and look up into his beautiful brown eyes, the ones that always seem to make you melt, “I haven’t even graduated. How am I going to get into college and have a great career? How am I going to continue my life? You're over eighteen and I'm under, What will people say about you? Riker, my family won’t be able to look me in the eyes.”

His hands gently cover the one hand on your stomach, “One step at a time. We’ll make it work, even if our situation isn’t ideal. We’ll get married and you can go to college. We can do this.”

You close your eyes and open them looking straight into his eyes, “How can we make it financially? What about your career? Baby stuff isn’t cheap.”

His hand gracefully strokes your cheek, “I’ll do what I have to do. If I have to take a break from music and acting, then I will. Our family comes first.”

“But, you can’t! Riker, you can’t give up your dreams. You just-” Riker’s soft angelic lips touch yours and you instantly forget what you were going to say.

Riker chuckles at how easily he distracts you, “Come sit down with me.”

You follow him to the couch and climb into his lap, “I love you.”

“I love you, too. I have a song I want to sing to you.” He brushes a strand of hair out of your face.

“You always know how to cheer me up.” You smile, wrap your arms around his neck, and snuggle up closer to him.

“We’re under pressure, Seven billion people in the world trying to fit in. Keep it together, Smile on your face even though your heart is frowning. But hey now, you know, girl, we both know it’s a cruel world, but I will take my chances..” Riker said starting in on Justin Bieber’s As Long As You Love Me.

When Riker finishes singing, you look at him and smile. Both of your eyes slowly travel down to my stomach, “You’re right. We’ll make it.”