Beach Fun

"Rikerrrrrr," you whined annoyingly hoping that he would finally get up and get you something to drink.
He glanced over at you as he slouched down farther on the couch. His eyes returned to the TV.
You let out a sigh and whine again, "Rikerrrrrrrrr."
He sighs, "Whaterrrrrrr?"
You giggle. He knows that always gets you, "Please, get me a drink?"
"But.. But..." He begins to argue while giving you an adorable puppy dog face.
"I'm your guest." You say returning your own puppy dog pout. Two can definitely play this game.
"You're here all the time! You practically live here." He complains.
Rocky walks into the room and you look over at him, "Rockyyyyyyy."
"Whatyyyyyyy?" He says as he walks towards the kitchen.
"Riker won't get me a drink." You pout, crossing your arms like a child.
Rocky chuckles, "What do you want?"
"Water!" You tell throwing your hands in the air and doing a little victory dance.
"You're so lazy," Riker says looking at you shaking his head.
"Says the one who wouldn't get it for me," you stick your tongue out at him.
Rocky hands you your water and walks back into his room. Calling over his shoulder, "To be best friends, you two sure do bicker like a married couple."
You and Riker start laughing at that.
Riker shifts and turns closer to you, "We really should go out and do something."
You smile and take a sip of your water, "Like what?"
"Let's go to the beach!" Riker exclaims excitedly.
Rocky's head pokes around the corner, "Did someone say beach?"
"You can go, too." Riker says smiling.
"WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH!" Rocky yells and immediately you here several people yelling happily.

After everyone gets ready, you all pile into Riker's and Rydel's car, only to arrive at the beach in a mere 30 minutes. Everyone helps unload six and chubbs.
You and Rydel immediately roll out towels and take off your shirts and shorts so you can lay out.
"Girls." Ross scoffs, "You're missing the water!"
"We'll be out there eventually," Rydel says as she swats her brother away.
"This is nice," you smile, looking over at Rydel.
"Are you and Riker dating yet?" She asks lifting herself up on her elbows and looking at you.
"Rydel." You complain. Ever since you had told her that you had developed a little crush on your best friend, Riker, that's all she talked about, "You know he doesn't have feelings for me."
She groans falling back on her towel, "Yes, yes he does!"
"Shhh!" You quickly shush her noticing the guys looking over at you guys, "He's going to hear you."
"Let's go for a walk on the beach then," Rydel suggested standing up and shaking the sand off of her pink bikini.
Once the two of you are a good distance from the boys, Rydel turns towards you. "You guys are already practically dating."
"No, we're not." You mutter watching the waves.
"I don't know why you doubt me. You know I'm good at these things. I can read my brothers like they're my favorite Nicholas Sparks novel."
You roll your eyes, "Rydel."
"I'm serious."
"I know you are."
"Look, I'm just saying, if I were you and it was so obvious a guy liked me like it is with you and Riker, I'd say something."
"I know, but I'm just convinced he doesn't likes me like that."
"I'm not."
"I don't want to ruin our friendship. It's really important to me."
"Wouldn't it be better if you were together though?"
"Of course it would be." You sigh turning around only to barely be able to make out the boys playing in the ocean.
"I guess I'm not going to convince you am I?"
You look back at Delly and shake your head, "I'm afraid not."
It was her turn to sigh and you both started heading back towards the boys.
"Excuse me." A male voice says from behind you two causing you to jump. You and Rydel turn around facing two tall brunette boys.
"Yes?" Rydel asks looking between both of the boys.
"Tristan?" You ask looking at the one on the right.
"I thought that was you!" He explains.
"How have you been?" You ask.
Rydel coughs signaling how awkward she feels.
"Oh Rydel, this is Tristan. He was my best friend in elementary school," you say motioning to Tristan and then motioning to Rydel, "and this is one of my best friends, Rydel."
"Nice to meet you," Tristan smiles, motions to his friend, Craig, and introduces him and yourself.
After catching up, Tristan and Craig decide to walk you back towards the Lynch boys.
When you and Rydel arrive, Riker had gotten out of the water and was waiting for you to all walk up. You smile and wave causing Riker to smile tightly and nod.
Tristan gets quiet, "Is that your boyfriend?"
"No, he's not my boyfriend." You explain as you arrive to a stop in front of Riker.
"Riker, this is Craig and Tristan. Tristan is my-" you begin, but you are quickly interrupted by Riker.
"You guys ready to go?" He asks his eyes stone cold.
"I guess," you mutter, turning around to give Tristan your phone number, and say goodbye. Once the boys start walking off, you whirl around and glare at Riker, "Can we talk alone?"
Before he can answer, you grab his arm and start dragging him away from Rydel. Once you think you're a good distance from Rydel, you look at him and hiss, "What's your problem?"
He looks down at you, still expressionless, "Nothing. I'm just ready to leave."
"It's not nothing, Riker! You wouldn't even let me introduce you!"
"I don't want to hear about your ex boyfriends."
"He was my best friend! Is that what this is about?"
"No, I don't care about your boyfriends. It's not like we're dating."
If there was ever a time for someone to have a lightbulb appear over their heads, this was definitely your time, "That's it. You're jealous."
He crosses his arm like a child and mutters, "Am not."
"Riker Anthony Lynch. You are jealous! You don't want to share me!" You state getting louder and smiling, "Look, you'll always be my best friend. Don't worry about him."
You hug him and he hugs you back, gently kissing the top of your head.
"That would reassure me if I was worried about losing my best friend," Riker mutters into your hair.
You pull back and look up at him, "What?"
"I guess now is as good a time as any," He says looking at the sand and then back into your eyes.
"What? Is everything okay?" You ask suddenly growing nervous.
He chuckles letting go of you with one hand to rub the back of his neck, "I sort of have feelings for you."
"Oh," you say. It's your turn to look at the sand.
Riker gently lifts your chin up to bring your lips to his soft ones. You pull away only to hear Rydel squealing half way down the beach. You chuckle.
"If you don't like me, now is sort of the time to say so." Riker says looking at you worriedly.
You stand on your tip toes so you can kiss his lips in return and grab his hand. The two of you start heading back towards everyone else. Maybe, Rydel could read her brothers as well as she thought. :)