Chapter 12: Rubicon

"We've been locked up for hours, if it was Bellamy-", Miller started but I cut him off

"It was Bellamy. I got in here with him, okay?", I said and he nodded. We heard an alarm wailing and the doors opened revealing about 10 guards and the doctor.

They demanded us to go back and everyone did. The guards had loads of weapons which scared the frick out of me. I hope Bellamy could do something because I definitely messed up my part of the plan. They grabbed Harper and she started struggling when the doctor told them to stop.

"No, not her. She needs more time to recover.", She said. "This one."

She pointed at a boy I honestly had never talked to before and they grabbed him. They took him away and the doctor was about to walk out when Jasper spoke up.

"Stop! You can't keep doing this to us.", Jasper said. The doctor turned around. She walked towards Jasper. "President Wallace said we could go."

"That President Wallace is no longer in command. He had to step down for health reasons.", The doctor said and I didn't believe any of it.

"Oh, yeah? Right now?", I asked her. She looked annoyed at me and ignored me completely.

"I'm sorry it has to be like this. I hope you know you're all incredibly special to us.", She rambled. Whatever. The guards and the doctor walked out and the doors closed.

-

About two hours later, the same scene unfolded. The guards walked in, telling us to step back.

"Here we go. Come on, like we talked about.", Jasper said. Earlier, he had given a speech to us about how we have to fight back. We all linked our arms in each other so they won't be able to grab someone.

"This one.", The doctor said. Everyone started fighting but eventually they all got out. Not before I saw Bellamy's face sending me an encouraging nod. Meaning 'hang on a little longer.'

-

"What's taking Bellamy so long?", Monty asked us.

"I don't know.", I replied. We were all looking at the doors, ready to fight back. I was super scared though, and knew we wouldn't win.

"What if they caught him?", Miller asked us. Impossible.

"No. Bellamy will figure a way out. I know he will.", I said, also trying to convince myself.

"Aaliyah, it's already been four hours.", Monty told me. "The guards will be back in a few seconds."

"They're gonna take someone else.", Harper said in fear.

"No," Jasper snapped, "listen to me. Everyone, we stick to the plan. They're not taking anyone else out of this room without a fight."

We heard an alarm buzz. It was time. "Get ready." Jasper told us. We all took in our positions we discussed before. The same amount of guards walked in again and we linked our arms again. The doctor stopped right in front of Monty.

"This one.", She said. No.

"No! Stop!", I yelled.

"Hey!", Jasper yelled raising the gun Bellamy gave him earlier. "Get your hands off of him."

Jasper shot on a guard and the guard looked helpless for a minute but then looked up to show he didn't feel anything of it. He grabbed Jaspers gun and that was our cue to attack. I grabbed my bat and started hitting a random guard. Everyone did the same and a fight unfolded.

I hit a guard but he punched me back in the face making me fall down. With my leg I kicked him in his knee cavity making him fall down. I grabbed my bat and hit him in his stomach making him grab his stomach. I then stood up again to attack a different guard. This guard grabbed my arms and turned me around. When I turned around the scene had totally changed, everyone was struggling against the grip of guards. The doctor looked furious and walked to Jasper.

"Take him instead.", She said and I started fighting. I kicked my foot in a place where the sun doesn't shine and the guard let go off me. I ran to Jasper but two other guards already held me.

"Search the rest. Make sure there are no other weapons.", She said and I sent her my most angry look ever. She saw it and just smirked at it.

A few guards walked out with Jasper and the doctor whilst the other guards started searching us. The guards holding me grabbed my bat and started looking for anything else. When the guard was done he looked at me.cupo

"Next time we meet, you'll be a burned potato. And that's a promise.", I sassed at him. He looked taken back for a second but then went back to poker face. Red spots started appearing on his face out of nowhere. He and the other guards fell down. I had no idea what was going on. Then I heard an alarm going off and I ran outside the dorm. Everyone followed me and I saw Jasper.

"Let's go! This is our chance! Everybody move!", He yelled. I stopped next to him. "Take the level. Monty, get the cameras. Miller and Aaliyah, get their guns." I nodded and me and Miller walked to the guards to grab their guns. I saw the doctor crawling away into the elevator. I saw her closing the doors but right in time I put my arm between the doors making them open again. Monty, Jasper and Harper joined me. Jasper stepped in front of us.

"No, you can't.", The doctor begged but none of us were going to be merciful in her very last moment.

"I hope you know that you're incredibly special to us.", Jasper snapped. Burn wounds spread themselves all over her face and she screamed loudly. Her face looked like a zombie when she stopped screaming and fell down. I don't think I will ever forget that image.

Guysss there are REALLY exciting updates coming up:) Hope you enjoyed this one.

Adios
-Ella Flores