Chapter 10: Survival Of The Fittest

We had been walking all night

We had been walking all night. I felt kinda bad for leaving Lucas behind. I know he can take care of himself but I wanna be there for him just in case something happens. But I do wanna be here to help my friends out of Mount Weather as well. And to help Bellamy.

Lincoln had killed a white deer. I watched as he cut it open. Bellamy did the same. Lincoln put his hands in the stomach of the deer and then used his blood to cover his face with. I looked in disgust and Bellamy kneeled down next to Lincoln.

"Okay. So we make it to the intake door without any of the real Reapers seeing us. What happens then?", Bellamy asked Lincoln.

"I kill everyone and you both slip inside. Limestone.", He then asked Bellamy. Bellamy handed him the limestone and Lincoln made white stripes on his face. "Let's go.", He then said standing up. "We have a lot of ground to cover before dark."

"I need to know what happened after the intake door.", Bellamy asked Lincoln when we were walking again.

"They remove your clothes. Blast you with boiling water, then douse you with something that burns even worse," Lincoln said, "and then we were sorted. The others were tagged 'harvest.' I was tagged 'cerberus,' turned into a Reaper." That sounded scary.

"Cerberus.", I repeated more sounding like a question.

"Three-headed dog that guards the underworld.", Bellamy spoke up. I looked at him in confusion and so did Lincoln. "My mum read mythology to us all the time. Octavia loved it."

Lincoln smirked at that comment.

"You're good for her. You made her strong.", Bellamy said.

"She was already strong.", Lincoln stated.

"Now that we're talking about Octavia, Lincoln, why did you protect her before you even knew her?", I asked him. That question had been wandering in my mind for so long. I just didn't understand.

"When I was a boy I saw a ship fall from the sky. Like Ravens. The man inside was hurt, his body broken. I couldn't get him out.", Lincoln explained.

"Suicide by Earth.", I realised. "I heard stories from the guard, I just didn't know they were true."

Bellamy looked at me with a weird look. "How would you hear that from the guard?"

"I told you I have my ways.", I smirked.

"I brought him food, water. I didn't speak the enemy's language yet. So I couldn't understand him, but I wanted to. So on the third day, I told my father. He made me kill him. The world's been trying to turn me into a monster for as long as I can remember. Let's keep moving.", Lincoln ended his story. He ran away and Bellamy looked at me.

"Isn't it kind of awkward now that you tortured him before?", I asked him. He shook his head and followed Lincoln.

-