Chapter XXII

-Y/N'S POV-

Well, I wasn't going to just not accept the offer to come with him. I was going to go there anyway. Him and that idiot Sting have actually helped a lot. They saved me, and they're giving me even more of a reason to kill it in the Games! So, naturally, I accepted.
"We're here. The Crocus Library," Rogue said, snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Wow!" I exclaimed with stars in my eyes. The library was huge, it made the guild hall look like a shed! As we walked inside, it got even better. There were books everywhere. It was fairly quiet but very crowded. It seems that this is a popular tourist destination, and with the Games, it's even busier.
"What do you want to read?" Rogue asked me.
"Well, I was going to come here to read about the different guilds in the Games and to learn more about my own. How about you?" I said.
"I don't really know. Maybe read up on some different magic techniques and strategies? Not that anyone in my guild needs them, though. We're number one," he said with a slight smirk.
"Wait a second, are you Sting or something? I thought you were supposed to be the chill one!" I said playfully.

-ROGUE'S POV-

I don't know if I can take much more of her adorableness. She's so... perfect. Ugh, I've barely met her. Who knew that one person could make this much of an impact in such a short amount of time?
"I suppose I am the calmer of the two. But in all honesty, Sabertooth will undoubtedly come out on top in the Grand Magic Games," I said with a shrug.
"We'll see about that," The h/c haired girl replied with a huff.
Frosch started flying ahead of me towards the magic section. Y/n headed off to the guild history area. Perhaps she's doing some reading to scope out the competition? She also said she wanted to read about her own guild... does she really not know much about Fairy Tail?

-Y/N'S POV-

Rogue is smart to be reading up on strategy. I would, but I've done plenty of research before the Games. My time at the beach wasn't only physical training after all. After I read up on Fairy Tail and the other guilds, I might check out a book on healing magic or some sort of strategy book.
I wonder where the other members that disappeared are. I know that they're alive. If they're as powerful as the others say, they wouldn't just disappear. I hope they come back. I want to ask the, so many questions- especially Natsu, Gajeel, and Wendy. Their dragons left them too, so maybe we could look for them together? I really want to meet Erza. Even though I've never met her, she's my role model. I've read so many articles and heard so many stories about her that I'm just dying to meet her. She's so strong and powerful and she is a true Fairy. No wonder they call her Titania.

-TIMESKIP TO WHEN ROGUE AND Y/N ARE DONE READING-

"Hey, Rogue, you ready to go?" I asked.
"Yes. I was just about to go look for you too. Did you find what you were looking for?" He asked, putting some books into a bag.
"Yup! I checked out a bunch of books," I replied, holding out my f/c canvas bag that was full of thick books.
"That's good to hear. I'll walk you to your inn, it's late after all," Rogue said.
"Thanks, but I'm sure I can handle myself. It was nice talking to you though," I said. I definitely don't want to keep him. Our inns are on opposite sides of the city. Besides, of Laki or Kinana saw me with him, I'd never hear the end of it.
"If you say so. It was... nice," Rogue said simply.
"Bye, Y/n-chan! Fro will see you tomorrow!" Frosch cheered happily.
"Bye little buddy! I'll see you both at the Games tomorrow."