ii. FIRST DAY FROM HELL

✢ ✢ ✢

        The day so far was inexplicably normal, surprisingly. How the year prior could be so hectic and now everything feels as though it's completely blissful. Besides the fact that Boyd and Erica are missing, but Foster's pretty sure that they chose to leave Derek on their own. Then again, who would want to stay with Derek as an alpha? She can already tell that Isaac is drifting over to Scott even though he's not an alpha.

        Foster's seated behind Stiles, the two bickering over Supernatural (it's much better to talk about terrifying creatures when they're on tv and not in your house) and waiting for their teacher, Ms. Blake, to arrive.

        Allison and Lydia soon enter the room, Foster stiffening up a bit. Scott sits to her left, Foster noticing that Lydia is taking the seat besides Stiles, and Allison realizing that the only open one is behind Scott. She was glad that Allison didn't look like she wanted to kill her, but Allison continued to avoid eye contact with the blonde.

        She just wants to make things right between her and her friends, but how is she supposed to do that? Foster knows that if maybe she let go of Scott, she would get her friends back, but she doesn't think she can handle losing Scott considering all of the loss she's already been through.

        All of a sudden, Foster's phone begins to vibrate in her bag, various chimes and vibrations erupting throughout the classroom. It seemed as though everyone's phone was going off at the exact same moment for some odd reason. Foster pulls her phone out, scanning the message over to see that it's from an unknown number. Foster opens it, a voice cutting her off before she can read it.

        "The offing was barred by a black of clouds and the tranquil waterway leading to the uttermost ends of the Earth flowed somber under and overcast sky and it seemed to lead into the heart of an immense darkness," a women's voice sounds, reading the text that Foster received word by word. She glances up, noticing that the woman who she assumed to be Ms. Blake was inside the classroom. She look nice enough, honestly. With her hair in soft black curls and a sweet smile on her face, Foster could tell that she was probably going to be one of her favorite teachers (as long as she's not Harris, she's a good teacher). "This is the last line to the first book we are going to be reading. It is also the last text you will receive in this class. Phones off, everyone."

        With that, Foster shuts her phone off reluctantly, knowing that she still has yet to hear from Isaac. She can't help but grow a bit worried, wondering where the hell he is. He promised her yesterday that he'd see her at school, and they were in the middle of a conversation last night when all of a sudden he just stopped texting her. 

        She just wanted some sort of message telling her that he's okay. 

        For the most part, class is uneventful - which is beyond amazing. It's nice to actually be able to think that class is boring rather than worrying about Isaac and Erica tearing apart Lydia in the Chemistry classroom. It takes a whole load off of your shoulders, if she's being honest here.

        Of course, Foster was quite confused when the principal stepped into the classroom and stated that Scott had to leave, but it probably wasn't a big deal, hopefully. 

        Foster continues to scribble down notes, she could honestly care less about plot structure. It's not like the teachers teach the same thing every year or anything - oh wait, they do. Foster continues to do this peacefully, until Stiles is snapping his fingers in front of her face.

        "What do you want, Stilinski?" she hisses, not wanting to get in trouble on the very first day of her junior year.

        He nods toward Lydia, then pointing toward the bandage on her ankle. "Do you think it's from the accident?"