No Longer Little (Dean x Reader)

You were another hunter's child. Like your fellow Winchesters, you were left in the care of Bobby Singer when you weren't at boarding school.

At the age of six, Sam was eight, and Dean was twelve. Oh, you loved to see those boys, especially when you have already been at Bobby's for days. You swung your legs as you ate your cereal. "Your favorites are coming today." Bobby mentioned as he ruffled your morning hair. You perked up and smiled up at him, "Sam and Dean?!" You asked with excitement. The man smiled and agreed. You finished eating before running up to the room you stayed in and got dressed in a red and white checkered dress and put your hair in braids like one of you school roommates taught you before running back down the steps. You grabbed the book you were reading this summer and sat on one of the chairs in the front yard.

You lifted your eyes when you heard the impala pull into the driveway. You contained yourself as John talked to his boys. Eventually, the boys got out of the car before it pulled away. You grinned ear to ear and waved at them, only getting a wave back from Sam.

***
You stood back as you watched them shoot at a target. Your father refused to have get into the life of hunting, but you had no other family to turn to. You did find it fascinating though. "Can I try?" You asked, your voice filled with hope. "Darlin', that gun with kick you back to the house." Bobby replied. You gave him a disappointed look before watching the boys again.

After Bobby did some training which was ordered by John, he took the three of you to the park to treat you like actual children. You found your most enjoyment on the swing and playing tag with the other children, especially when you got to tag Dean. You had a schoolgirl's crush on him. There was no denying it in any form based on your behavior around him. It just didn't last as long as what people around you thought either.

*12 years later--Reader is 18*

You sat in the same spot as you always did in the front yard as you read some lore. Your ears perked and eyes almost looked up at the sound of a familiar sounding car. "Don't look up, Y/n." You mentioned to yourself before continuing your reading. "Is Bobby around?" You heard a male voice asked. "In the library," you answered, keeping your eyes on the book.

"Bobby, who's the chick in your front yard?" Dean asked as he entered the library. "You don't remember Y/n? You three were nearly inseparable." Bobby replied. "Y/n as in the kid that followed me like a shadow? That's Y/n?" Dean questioned to make sure. "I don't remember watching another one." Bobby responded. "You don't remember your girlfriend, Dean?" Sam teased. Dean rolled his eyes at then memories of you practically clung to him as a child. That's when you walked back into the house, going straight up the stairway. It wasn't until an hour later when you walked back down the stairs with black high heels on and a black short, deep v-neck dress with your make-up complete.

"Bobby, I'll be back sometime tonight, depending on how good it goes." You said as you grabbed your purse. "Where the hell do you plan on going wearing that?" Bobby roughly questioned. "On date number three with the guy I've been seeing." You replied as you grabbed your keys. "Not on-" "My watch, young lady." You finished his sentence and rolled your eyes. "Bobby, I'm eighteen. I think I can handle a simple--will you tell Dean to stop looking at me like that?" You stopped trying to win an argument with a desperate plea. Bobby looked at the older Winchester, who had a dropped jaw and starring green eyes, before smacking the back of his head. "Y-you remember-" "How stupid do you think I am? What did you expect? Me running towards you and giving you a lasting hug?" You scoffed at him and crossed your arms before looking back at Bobby. "Can I please go now?" You huffed. Then, you saw the gears in Bobby's mind crank out an idea. "You can go as long as Dean goes with you?" You groaned and grew more frustrated than before.

"If you're going to make one of them go with me, let Sam! He could at least keep his mouth shut next to that dumb ass!" You argued. Bobby sat back and shook his head, "Nope, if you're going to go, Dean is going to have to go with you." He stated. You huffed, scrunching your nose, "Fine." Your tone filled with sass.

You slouched with disappointment as Dean drove you to the restaurant, your head facing the window at all times. "If it makes you-" "Just shut up, Dean." You snapped as the car parked. You opened the door and looked at him then, "I don't care what you do. Just go away as I'm having my date. I don't need a babysitter." You snapped and slammed the door. Dean only got out of the car and followed you. "Do you not understand me?" You asked with fury coming out of your mouth. "Stay away," you said in a slow pace. That's when you saw your date walking up to you. "Dean, seriously," that's when you smiled as you felt your date's arms around your waist. "Who's he?" Your date asked. "Dean, my babysitter It was the only way I could come tonight, Bobby's orders." You grumbled in response.

***

When you got back to Bobby's house, you slammed the impala's door once again. "Hey, it's not my fault-" "Dean, quit! I did what you told me a long time ago, I'm staying away." Your voice dropped from a scream to a near whimper, tears coming further down with an eyeliner and mascara mix running down your cheeks. "I'm not that little girl who has a crush on you any more, but every damn time you look at me like...like I actually am an adult, you almost make it hard to-" That's when you felt the lips of Dean on your own pair. You gasp as the he pulled away from you. "You're definitely not a little girl anymore." He said before you went on your tippy-toes and kissed him again.