That's why They're called Crushes

*Sam DDM* *Age 14*

You raced down the steps, threw your book bag on the table, and stomped to your room. Sam, Dean, Eileen, and Cas all gave each other puzzled looks. "Well," Dean exhaled and stood up from the table, "I'm going to make dinner for my niece that clearly had a wonderful day at school." He mentioned and left the room. "I'm, uh, going to help." Cas said before following Dean. "I'll go talk to her." Sam said in sign language before walking in the direction of your room.

Sam stood by your door while he listened to your soft crying. Your dad softly knocked on your door with a couple knuckles. "Y/n, what's going on? Can I come into your room?" His voice was soft as he asked. "No!" You screamed back at him, the tears still running down your face. "Y/n, I know high school-" "Go away!" You exclaimed and curled your body close. Sam frowned on the other side of the door. "Is there anything-" "Dad! Leave me alone!" You yelled, your breath starting to hiccup. Sam felt his stomach turn, "Okay. You can come to me whenever you want, sweetheart." He mentioned before walking back to the kitchen.

You wanted to crawl into a hole. The crush you've had for months now, he even said he liked you, decided that he looked at you as a friend. Your heart ached as your smile disappeared as his voice spoke about how he couldn't make it tomorrow. An event you thought was a date and he just saw as a meeting with a friend. He apologized for it. You couldn't speak you felt your lip starting to tremble before you ran. At least he waited to the end of the day to tell you, so you could hide your humility and the fresh tears streaming.

Sam sighed in defeat as he sat on one of the chairs. "What's going on with her?" Dean asked as he cooked. "She didn't say, only yelled at me to go away." Sam admitted. "Y/n never used to be like that." Your dad stated while still in disbelief of what happened. "She's a teenager now, Sammy, a hormonal teenager that wants privacy." Dean replied. Sam heavily sighed.

"Y/n," you heard Eileen. You stayed still and didn't bother responding. You kept in your mind, thinking about all the day dreams you've previously hoped would come true would no longer even be an idea. It made your heart sink. You heard the knob attempt to turn to open the door. You locked it to guarantee privacy. Before you sunk yourself deeper in your blankets, you noticed the knob stopped trying to turn and footsteps walking away from your door. You sniffed and let your blankets weigh you down.

After Eileen told your dad and uncles that your door was locked and you weren't about ready to open up, they decided to leave you alone until dinner. This time around, Dean went to your room with a plate of food. "Y/n," he leaned against your door, "open up, I got food for you." He reported and pressed his ear up against your door. He heard the small sniffles from you. "Come on sweetheart, I made your favorite. I'm not asking to talk about it. I just want to sit and eat with you." He added with persuasion. Sometimes he knew better ways of getting you to open up better than Sam. "Y/n," he dragged, "you and I both know your hungry for what I have on this plate." He gently hit the fork on the plate a couple times.

He listened again to only hear the same sound. "I can sing if you want." He suggested and paused for your response. "I'm all of love! I'm so lost without you! I know you were right believing for so long." He started with his horrible singing passion.

"Love, what are you thinking of?" You whimpered and groaned as you got up and opened the door. You sniffed as Dean gave you a smile that dropped seeing your face all tear stained. He walked in the room, closed the door behind him, and put the plate on your bedside table. You wrapped yourself around him. "Was my singing that bad?" Dean asked. "N-no, the song topic," you responded in his chest. "Yeah that shit hurts," Dean kissed the top of your head and rubbed your back.

A few hours later, Dean emerged into the library. "How is she?" Sam asked with full concern. Dean nodded, "Yeah, give her time and she'll be fine. We just had a nice dinner and talked about why romantic interests are called crushes." He replied and your dad's eyes grew. Your uncle laughed, "Teenager with hormones."