Uncle Sam

Dean died not long after you first started walking and talking all over the bunker. Your father died before he could see you grow up or even take you to school. He died before you could remember and know him.

It wasn't easy for Sam. He watched his brother die in front of him and he came home to a hardly toddler repeating the word Daddy over and over again.

He couldn't say it got easier as you got older.

Your first day of school was heartbreaking. It was the first time he didn't have his eyes on you for the majority of the day. Also, you made the realization that other children are raised by two parents, not one uncle. That night was one of the first times you asked about your parents, especially Dean.

Sam thought the day would come much later and under different circumstances. After you asked what your mom was like, Sam placed you in his lap as he sat in one of the library chairs. "Your mother was a wonderful woman. She got hurt very badly not long after you were born. She loved you like the moon loves the stars." He explained. "What about Daddy?" You asked with a curious facial expression that Sam could point out the features you had from Dean. Sam was stiff and tried not to cry at first. "Your daddy was my older brother. He was the most protective, stubborn, and loyal person there ever was. He would go to hell and back for anyone. After your mother died, he made sure nothing bad ever happened to you. You were the most important person in his life because he loved you so so much." Sam told you, trying not to have his voice break or anything. You nodded back, not knowing what to say. Sam sniffed before changing the subject. "Let's get you ready for bed. You have to go to school again tomorrow." He stated and lead you to your room.

After the fiasco of the first day of preschool, Sam hoped it would be easier for your future school days. It was until the third grade.

You sadly trailed home after the bus dropped you off with a yellow flier in your hand. "What do you have, sweetheart?" Sam asked after getting on his knees to your level. With your still head down, you just handed him the flier. You sniffed before speaking, "I can't go because I don't have one." Sam's heart broke a little. "Who told you that?" He asked. "No one, I figured out myself." You stated, your voice breaking a little. "Sweet-" "I have homework to do." You whimpered before running to your room. Sam heavily sighed before looking at the flier again.

FATHER DAUGHTER DANCE

He knew Dean would've played it off as if he wouldn't have enjoyed it, even though he would have done anything to make his baby girl smile.

Sam sighed before he went to your room an hour later. "Y/n, sweetheart," he said as he opened the door to reveal you working on school work with a pile of wet tissues next to it on the desk. Your face having a small tint of red. "I'm working." You roughly stated, pencil moving across the worksheet. "You've been working for an hour. You deserve a little break." He replied before picking you up from the chair and setting you on the bed. Your eyes didn't look him, only on the comforter. He sat next to you and tilted your head up to face him. "I know you're upset, but I have a possible solution." He stated, "I'm going to take you to that dance." You shook your head. "You can't, Sam, you're not my dad." You argued.

"I know your dad would be disappointed if you didn't go with me. He would hate to know that you didn't get the chance to go." Sam replied, kissing your forehead.

You did end up going. Sam dressed himself in one of his better suits and made the best that he could have for you. He was happy to see you smile and hoped that Dean would be too.

A few bumps came along your junior high years, but nothing to rock the boat or cause major problems, but high school was rough.

You threw a marker across the library and groaned at the sad "Family Tree" assignment you had. In your opinion, it was more of a dead tree that might has well been chopped down. The only names you had on the "tree" was Y/n and Sam Winchester with a blue line to represent uncle and niece. You huffed and told yourself it was good enough before going to bed.

Sam, after finishing a case, came home and saw the nearly empty white poster. He frowned and decided to talk to you about it when you were awake the next day.

"Good morning, Y/n." He greeted as you came into the kitchen for coffee. "It's definitely morning." You replied with a scoff. "I saw the family tree you started to make." He mentioned. You slightly laughed. "That's it. I'm finished." You clearly stated. "You don't have your parent or grandparents." Sam pointed out, trying to be as calm and nice as he could about it. You rolled your eyes. "Why should I? Not like I even know what they look like besides pictures or what kind of person they actually were." You snapped, harsher than how it sounded in your head and started to walk away. "Y/n! I-" "The assignment is finished, Sam." You stated once again.

Sam later went to your bedroom as you were in the shower and set up his tablet to show the videos of your father when he was alive with you.

You came back to your room, you gave the tablet a confused look before sitting next to it. You unlocked it and saw the videos. You scrolled down to the oldest one.

You easily recognized the bunker library, but not so much the man and woman. The man was holding a baby wrapped in a pink blanket as the woman stood next to him. "Such a beautiful daughter," the woman smiled at the sleeping baby, "She must get it all from her father." The woman added and smiled up at the man. Dean and Y/m/n.

You watched them all with tears coming to your eyes, especially when you noticed the changes in your father after your mother died.

The last video only included baby you and Dean with Sam behind the camera. "Really Sammy, do we need another video?" Dean challenged as he sat at one of the chairs in the kitchen while you were in a high chair across from him. "Dean-" Sam started, but was interrupted by you banging your hands on the high chair table. "Daddy, pie!" You announced since that is what you and Dean were sharing. He laughed and gave you another small spoonful.

Sam must've gave a look because Dean stated, "It's cherry, which is a fruit and is good for her," before taking a spoonful himself. The current you let out a tearful laugh. The video showed each bite of pie, until it was gone before showing Dean being gentle with you as he picked you up and started rocking you to sleep.

*Part 2??*