Coming Back

*Leaving Part 2*

"Dean! Sammy!" You screamed as you sat up in your bed, patting the queen size mattress. Then, you leaned back against the headboard. "It was just a dream," you told your twenty-two-year-old self, who left the hunting life four years ago at eighteen. "I"m fine," you exhaled. "Another one?" Your significant other asked from the bathroom door his/her hair still wet from the shower. "Yeah, I never realized I would have so many of them." You replied and curled your legs to your chest. S/he walked over and kissed your forehead. "I got to get to work, I love you." You watched the closest person to you anymore leave the apartment the two of you shared.

You stretched in the bed before you rolled out of bed. You turned on the radio and listened to the classic rock station. You closed your eyes and could almost smell the scent of your brothers and dad's colon or soap with the touch of the backseat in the Impala. Then, you opened your eyes and sighed a breath of relief. "I'm no longer a hunter." You didn't miss the screaming, the silver, the research, or any of the other things that you would not have had to do if you lived a normal life growing up. Your heart the guilt then for leaving Dean. You then grabbed one of the flannels you abandoned since the last time you had the guilt. You put close the flannel to your nose and took a deep inhale, the smell managed to last. You took the flannel on and put an army green color jacket over it and ripped blue jeans.

Your day proceeded as it ever good. You went to class starting at nine-thirty and stayed at school until seven in the evening. You only changed one thing from your routine. You went to the bar that was across the street to the college. You wanted to celebrate the grade you got on your math test.

The next morning, you woke up in the hospital. You sat up in urgency. You looked all around in fright. You nearly screamed when you saw them. You covered your mouth before you closed your eyes tightly before opening them up again. "Dean? Sammy?" The hand that covered your mouth reached out to your brothers, touched them to make sure they were real. "What are you both doing here?" You exclaimed. "Calm down, kiddo," you felt your dad's hand on your shoulder to gently push you back on the bed. "Dad," you exhaled, your eyes went wide in realization and searched your brothers' and father's eyes. "No, no, no, this is a dream. This isn't real life. I left. Sam left. I'm not in the hospital. I'm home in bed with my love." You stubbornly stated, avoiding the fact that it wasn't a dream and something with a monster happened to you last night.

"Sweetheart, as much I'd love this to be a dream, it's not." John told you and grabbed your hand, "You were attacked last night. Something happened where you got away." He added to you before you took your hand away from his. "Nope, this isn't happening. I'm going home." You clicked the nurse button. Your request came in seconds later, "Hi, can I get the discharge papers. I want my clothes and to go home. I know I am going against medical advice. Thank you." You shortly stated. "I'll get them as soon as I can then." The nurse responded. "Thank you." You repeated and leaned back in the bed with a huff.

John shook his head before leaving the room. "You really don't want to believe that this is really happening do you?" Your oldest brother asked. It was the first time he spoke to you since you were eighteen and begged you to not leave the hunting lifestyle, begged you not to leave him. "Do you blame me? I actually have a life now, Dean. I have a career. I have someone to go home to now. I-" You stopped yourself at his green eyes turning towards the floor. "I'm sorry," it was an instinct.

"Why are you back? I thought you had a girlfriend and was accepted into law school?" You interrogated the middle child. "I....had." Sam mentioned before looking away too. "Fuck," you whispered as the nurse brought in your clothes from last night and the forms.

You dressed in the bathroom and huffed when you walked out of there. "On a scale of one to ten, how much do you need me?" You asked your two brothers. They both looked at each other before answering, "Ten." You rolled your eyes, "Of course, you two can't do anything without me." You joked. "So," you added and shifted your weight, "what are we hunting?"

***

You quietly hummed to the rock music in the back seat of the Impala. It felt as though nothing changed, especially when Sam and John bickered that ended with Dean ending it. "Well, if this isn't a proper family reunion." You sarcastically mentioned and sat up, "when will I be told I have to stay in the car because it's too dangerous just like old times?" "Y/n," you heard your father's warning tone. You lightly smirked at the side view of your dad, "Just saying. It's not like I'm eight anymore."

"You've been out of the life for years now! You've been off playing house-" "Oh, I'm sorry, Sam has been out longer than me but he wasn't questioned like this! He was just welcomed with open arms and handed a gun! I at least keep my house safe from the freaks out there! Why am I the one that always-" The Impala quickly jerked off onto the side of the road. John looked back at you with stern and cold eyes, you gave the same cold stare back instead of when you were a child and crumbled under them, "I didn't ask for a family hunting trip. I was happy. Don't treat the situation as though I truly had other options to do. Last I checked, you came to me for help not the other way around." You bitterly spoke, you felt your breathing get heavy and shaky with anger. John's eyes changed, they weren't cold anymore. His harsh and threatening expression left. The expression dropped, even though the tension raised, before he turned around and got back on the road. "Sorry, Sam, for throwing you under the bus." You quietly told your brother. He just gave you a forgiving look with his puppy eyes.

It wasn't long before John found the town's police station. "Stay in the car," he ordered to the three of you before getting out of the Impala. "Dean, you're in charge, right?" You teased from behind him. The oldest turned around to look at you in the eyes, "You shouldn't have said-" "Oh, don't act-" "Stop!" You jaw dropped for a second before you closed your mouth and glared at Dean. "We're trying to kill the thing that almost killed you! That killed Mom and Sam's girlfriend. Sorry, we inconvenienced the apple pie life you were living." He lectured before turning away again. You crumbled a little before you realized something. You went to the middle seat in the back and put your upper half in the front of the car and turned to Dean, "You stalked me?" You questioned. "I had to make sure you were okay, it's my job as a big brother." Dean responded without turning his head from straight ahead. You lightly smiled before doing a poor job of wrapping your arms around his shoulders. "Do you know I still get that dream that I start running in Bobby's junkyard with you two and suddenly I lose you too?" You paused to see him still looking away from you. "Then, when I do find you two, it's never pretty. Always some daunting monster that killed you both and then I wake up screaming for you two." Dean looked at you with a mixture of shock and sadness. "I remember when-" "I first got that dream? Some things don't change about me. Just like how much I love my brothers."

"You're not going to come back are you?" He asked with sad green eyes. "I'm going back home after this hunt." You replied to him before John walked out of the police station and towards the car.

***

You breathed heavily as you saw the demon. The demon with yellow eyes get shot. It was over.

That was before the gates of Hell opened. The pair of your brothers looked back at you. You were conflicted, truly.

****
Don't get me started on that bad season 2(?) ending of this chapter.
I apologize for this bad/ok part.
Also, sigh of relief I finally published after two months.
Side note: I'm not going to recreate seasons, this was just a way for me to wrap up the part. Honestly, dk about part 3