A War On The Elements Ch. 12

Chapter 12

Ecron

In a second Kai and I sprinted out of the room. Kai ran into her bedroom and I followed. She threw open the curtains. Outside was chaos. Airplanes and airships were spread across the sky, dropping bombs as they flew. On the ground people were scrambling around looking for places to be useful.

"Crap" she mumbled under her breath.

I ran out to my room and grabbed my dark green jacket and green and black plaid shirt. I tied the shirt around my waist and threw the jacket on. I ran back to Kai's room where she was talking to Kajaa. Kajaa turned to me, her face was stern.

"We need to get to the submarines." She said.

"But I thought we were taking planes?" I asked.

"Well the air is filled with enemy aircrafts so that wouldn't be smart would it?" She said sassily. I shook my head. "Alright then let's go!" She said running out of the room. Kai followed her and I followed Kai. Alek joined in from down the hall with Mako on his shoulder.

We made it to the chaos outside. We stopped for a moment to take it all in.

"Come on! The subs are over here!" Kajaa yelled at us running towards a dock. We followed her weaving between the rushing people. A few people yelled something as we heard a plane pass over head and Kajaa stopped in her tracks. She spun around and looked at the sky. We stopped and looked too. A bomb was falling. I saw a huge mass of water reach out of the ocean and engulf the bomb then freeze in place. We all looked at Kajaa who was responsible for this."Come on let's keep going!" Kajaa yelled breaking her stance and running. We kept following her until we got to the submarine. The sub wasn't that big, just enough to fit maybe seven people and the equipment it was metal, with a hatch on the top and had a propeller on the back with the entire front being a big window.

Kajaa stepped on the top of it and unlatched the hatch. She looked at us, smiled and jumped in. Kai jumped in right after, mako jumping in after and then Alek chasing him. I sighed and followed them. The inside was cold and stuffy. The only light came from the window in the front. In the front was a control panel with lots of buttons and switches. There were five chairs arranged one in the front then four in a square behind it. Behind them was an open floor, where we were standing with cabinets on the far wall, a ladder in the middle and a wall in the back with a door probably leading to a bathroom.

"Welcome to Dana!" Kajaa said smiling.

"What?" Alek said.

"Dana, that's the subs name." Kajaa said.

"Ohhh" Alek responded.

"Can you drive it?" Kai asked.

"Sort of, the sub uses a propeller to move forward but a water bender has to steer it. So I don't know what those buttons do but I can steer it." She said.

"Then whose going to drive it?" I asked.

"Your dad?" Kai added.

"No, I'm not sure, ill radio to see." She said walking over to tho control panel and asking into a mic while pressing a button. A few seconds later a voice filled the sub.

"Captain Chang is assigned to Dana." The female voice said.

"Well where is he?" Kajaa asked. There was a pause.

"We're not sure, Miss." She said.

"Please assign someone else." Kajaa asked.

"Of course ma'am."

"Man, you're kinda scary!" Alek said.

"Thanks" she said flatly.

"Captain Lee is now assigned to your sub." The voice said.