War on the Elements pt.4

Chapter 4

Kai

We ran back to my apartment because it's closest to the game store , that just burned down around us, and I didn't even get to buy the game. Bad day, huh? Anyway on the way to my house every one was quiet, Ecron looked a mix of angry and scared, he looked strait forward for the entire walk. We finally got to my house, Alek flopped face first on the couch.

" Dude," he said with his face still in the couch. " that was intense and I can't believe that guy thinks that Kai is the avatar."

Ecron's phone rings, he takes it out of his pocket and answered it.

" Hey mom," he said, " mom.... mom...I'm fine... Yeah I know that there was a fire I was in it... Yes mom i'm sure I'm fine... Ok bye mom, love you too."

He put his phone back in his pocket.

"Kai where are your parents?" Alek said and pulled his face of the leather couch, then Ecron looked at Alek and started laughing. " what's so funny" Alek said that's when I realized that the stitches of the couch where imprinted on his face.

I started laughing too "Dude your face!"

He sprung up and ran to the mirror. "Oh, ha ha, very funny" he started rubbing the markings trying to get them off his face. After a while the room was silent.

"But seriously, where are your parents?" He asked still rubbing his face

" they're on a business trip," I said " they won't hear about this for a while."

"Why don't you call them?" Ecron said adjusting his glasses.

" ok, I'll call them." She took her phone out of her pocket. She told her parents about it all, including the avatar part. Then she put her phone back in her pocket.

" So what are we going to do now?" I asked knowing that we can not stay where we are.

" The council has a escape plane if the non-benders just happen to find the avatar" he said looking out the window.

" Wait," Alek said taking a break from rubbing his face, which had turned almost completely red "how do you know that?"

Ecron looked at him, his face showing surprise and he sputtered.

" Well isn't it obvious," I said hoping he would fall for it "they must have some plane in case he avatar gets discovered. That's where my parent told us to go anyway."

"I'll give you that" he said scratching Mako's head.

Alek's phone rings, he picks it up off the couch where it fell out of his pocket.

" 'sup mom. Yeah, I'm fine" he said sounding annoyed " mom really I'm fine, ugh! I don't want to go home... Ok! Ok! I'll come home!" He hung up the phone "ok guys I've got to go"

" see ya"

" bye"

Once Alek left, Ecron sat on the couch and sighed. He looked tiered more tiered then I had ever seen him, I sat down next to him.

" you know we're going to have to tell him." I said looking at him.

" I know," he said " he's going to freak"

" yeah, it's going to be hilarious" I said imagining how Alek's going to react to it.

" but seriously we have to go to the council and tell, them before you or someone gets hurt."he said, his face looked concerned.

" Ok, tomorrow morning we'll go to the council and ask"