Chapter 32 // Court Trials

8500+ words to make up for the long wait!

The court trials as well as any law-related events in this chapter will not be legally accurate. I'm not a lawyer, just a writer :, All law-related stuff is based on the video game: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney.

(3rd Person/Normal POV)

Viktor laughs to himself as he watches Natsu being shoved into the detention center. Natsu eyes him as the police lock the gates.

"I'd like to speak to that guy who was just arrested," Viktor asks a police officer.

"You're in luck, visiting hours just started." The police officer went inside and grabbed Natsu. He places Natsu on a chair, and Viktor sits down on the other side, with a window between them.

Viktor smiles, resting his chin on his hand. "Well, well, well. If it isn't the guy who took my daughter."

"First of all, Leah isn't yours." Natsu glared at him. Just when he thought it was over, Viktor had to show up again. "That's my blood running through her veins."

"Who named her Leah again? I did. Who changed her diapers? I did. Who taught her obedience and discipline? I did."

"Discipline? That's what you call abuse?" Natsu scoffs,"You make me real sick. I can't wait to get out of here and make you pay."

"Hahaha," Viktor laughs. "Do you even know where you are right now? You're behind bars kid."

Natsu frowns. "By the end of my court trial, we'll see who ends up behind bars, and it's not going to be me. So go ahead, laugh. You won't be laughing when you're behind this wall."

Viktor looks at him, and chuckles again. "Okay, maybe it won't be you. Maybe your little girlfriend will take your place. I know she took part in your crimes."

Natsu stands up and slams his hands on the table. "I swear, if you ever lay a hand on her, I will kill you." Before Viktor could say anything else, Natsu leaves the visiting room.

"Hmph." Viktor crosses his arms. The tone of Natsu's voice, it sounds similar to that man who Viktor argued with on the walkie-talkie. Just thinking about it, Viktor wondered who that voice was. It for sure wasn't Natsu's. Maybe the owner of that voice will come out once they figure out Natsu's been arrested.
~~~~~

"Natsu's been WHAT?!" Atlas asks. Lucy contacted Atlas after Natsu was taken away.

"I don't know if Natsu told you yet, but we found out our daughter is alive and the man who abused her framed Natsu for his crimes, so they arrested him and I don't know what to do!"

Atlas was glad Igneel told him the story already, or else he would've asked Lucy to talk slower. "Hold on, let me text you an address."

"What?" Lucy gets the text and looks at the address.

"I just gave you the best defense lawyer in the country. You can't imagine all the stories I read about him. But go there. He'll prove Natsu's innocence."

"Thank you so much Atlas! I'll let you know when Natsu's trial starts," Lucy says before hanging up. She then goes back to the address, taking Leah's hand as they try to find a cab.

"Where are we going?" Leah asks, following Lucy.

"We're going to a lawyer. They will help Daddy get out of jail." Lucy waves her hand and a cab pulls up. They get inside and Lucy quickly takes the liquid Troia out of her bag. "To Wright & Co Law Offices, please." She holds the bottle up to Leah and makes her sip a little bit of the medicine before the car starts to move. Lucy sighs. "I can't believe this is happening."