Twenty One:

Aimee

Mathias stares at me with his mouth open, as if he is shocked. Well... I guess he is. I smile embarrassed at his antics.

"You are getting that."

I smile and nod and walk back into the changing room. I hand him the dress so he can pay and I change back into my sweats. I meet him outside the shop and he takes me to Jimmie Choo and buys me, much to my arguing and objecting, a pair of heels and a purse which both match my dress almost to a tee.

He then drives us back to the hotel. He walks me to my room, but doesn't hand me my bags. "Have a shower and then come to my room. I'll help you get ready." I open my mouth to object but he shakes his head. "We will get dressed in separate rooms." He rolls his eyes. I nod sheepishly.

I shower quickly once he has left and then get changed into a pair of training shorts and a loose top, and put on some slippers. I then find his hotel room, and after knocking once, I am let in. His hair is wet, and I relain that he has just showered, because when I walk in, all I can smell is his aftershave and the thick steam from his hot shower still floats around the room. He is also dressed in a pair of shorts and a loose top. His hair is messy, and yet he looks absolutely flawless.

He smiles at me. "I'll help you do your hair." He leads me to the dressing table and I put a bag that I had packed earlier with my small case of makeup and hair straightener, down on the dressing table. Mathias walks over and opens it. He motions for me to sit in front of the mirror.

"You do your makeup and I will straighten your hair." He offers. I turn to look at him with my eyebrows raised questioningly. He puts his hands up in defence. "I'm one of five. The oldest, with four sisters." He explains and I nod, and pull out some of my makeup and start putting it on. I look at him in the mirror, and he looks intensely occupied. He is very gentle, and I can see he is doing a good job. He makes me feel special.

Eventually, I am finished with makeup and I wait for him to finish with my hair. He eventually finishes and unplugs my straightener. He wraps his arms around me and hugs me tight. "You already look beautiful, Φωτιά." He comments and hands me my dress and shows me the door to his bathroom. I quickly change and when I come out, he is already dressed in his new tuxedo. He smiles and he holds up my heels. "I'll put them on, Cinderella." I sit down on the dressing table chair and he slides the heel onto my feet and then offers me his hand. "Ready?" He asks and I take his hand and nod. We walk out the hotel hand in hand, and as we exit the hotel, a beautiful silver Porsche waits for us in the front.

Mathias drives us to the location and we arrive in no time. He hands his car keys to one of the busboys, and I can't help but think that I would not let that car out of my sight, let alone give the keys to someone else. He offers his arm and leads me inside the hotel. We take the elevator to the top floor, which has a bar, a pool and a huge gala room, if you could call it such.

It is filled with people of all kinds and all colours, each person dressed as if they are about to see the queen... actually, maybe not, not when some of the women's dresses don't reach past their upper thighs and when some are so tight, it doesn't take a writer's imagination to figure what is under the skimpy clothing. My eyes drift around the room and even see some famous people around the room. This is definitely the place to be.

"Aimee?" I hear behind me, and my eyes find Alex, my childhood friend, dressed in a yellow dress which manages to suit her features to an absolute fault, standing next to my new acquaintance, Dylan who has a matching tie with Alexander's dress. I look back at Mathias, whose tie also matches my dress... Sneaky...

I smile at the couple. "It's so good to see you." I look at Mathias, who is clutching my waist tightly. Hey! When did that get there? 

"Dylan and Alexander, it's so good to see you. It has been a while hasn't it?" Mathias shakes hands with both of them. "Should we go get something to drink, Φωτιά?" Mathias turns to me in question.