13 Go kick some hunter's butt!

Isley's POV

It was about one in the afternoon when we gathered in the clearing for Silveree's fight. I still couldn't believe that I had done such a thing to my cute mate, but if I wanted her to stay, I had to.

Judging from her expression earlier, she might have thought that I was definitely joking... but she realized that I was not.

As she was warming up for her fight, I could not help but look back on the setup that I made with Charlie.

Earlier...

"Isley are you sure about this?" Charlie asked after Silveree left to get ready. I had talked to her about this beforehand, but it seemed my sister was hesitating.

"I am hundred percent sure." I confirmed. I knew that Silveree would find a way to escape from us. So I had thought of something that could make her stay and be a part of our pack. 

"If you say so... then let's have a rundown on our plan... Silvee, will be fighting 9 wolves-whose ages ranging from 16 to 18... Check?"

I just nodded. We all knew that they were older than Silvee, but we have no choice. Most of the shifted wolves were along those ages. Pups, who have the same age as Silveree, have not shifted yet.

"Then the last fight will be fighting with the Alpha..." I reminded her. "You have to win."

"Don't worry. I won't let your young mate win." Charlie muttered. "It will be bad if we let her go."

I would have left to get ready for the fight. I would be the second to the last fighter after all, but I stopped short when I remembered something.

"Do you think we should provide a handicap for the fighters? You know...Silvee is a bit smaller and younger than they are. Not to mention, she would be fighting ten wolves in succession."

"That would be the case but I don't think she would appreciate it. That child likes strong opponents. She would be very happy if she is going to face her opponents without any handicaps. That's why we need to go all out on her."

"But she's still a child..." I started to protest but Silveree came over. I think she heard the last issue we were talking about.

"I am not just a child." she pouted. "I don't need the handicap. I would be able to handle the fight without that sort of advantage. Giving handicaps to my opponent will be equivalent to cheating."

"But Silvee..." I began, but she did not let me continue.

"In real life, the success would be much sweeter if you overcome the hardest trials and the strongest adversaries. That is what my uncle taught me. So give me your strongest warriors." She recited with utmost pride.

"Well, aren't you a bit conceited?" I asked cocking my brows. This kid was way too confident for her own good.

Before she could retort, Charlie grabbed her attention and gave her the details of the fight. "Okay Silv, you would be fighting five wolves in human form and the other five fights would be in wolf form. Broken bones are allowed but killing is definitely a big NO... The fight will end when one of you gives up or when the opponent is knocked-out cold. Any questions? "   

"Wait. Do you I have to be in wolf form too?" she asked. Distaste was clear on her face.

Charlie and I exchanged glances and used the mind-link.

"Knowing Silveree, she would never shift into her wolf." I told Charlie.

"I know. I've been trying to make her shift but for almost a week that she had been staying here, I failed miserably." Charlie confided.