24: We are seriously in trouble!

Violet's POV

I couldn't help but feel a bit useless. I was finally able to locate subject 294 using his tracker. For a few minutes I could see his signal blinking on the screen. Just before I could find his coordinates, his signal disappeared.

What in the world happened? Did he die or something? I frantically tried several commands in order to retrieve his lost signal, but I was unable to regain it.

Since, his signal disappeared, it could mean two things: one, his collar was removed or... two, he died. What could have happened to him?

In any case, I need to confirm if he has indeed died. How I wish I could just go back home and report to uncle that I had killed him but... I couldn't do so. Uncle is a very skeptical person. He wouldn't believe just any word of mouth. He usually asks for evidence or proofs.

If I return home and tell him S294 is dead, he will demand that I give him a proof: his collar, his tooth, or his blood, so that he will be able to confirm S294's identity.

I sighed as I let my eyes wander around the busy street. A lot of teens like me are enjoying the day with their friends. I sighed. If only I was born and raised as a normal girl...

Just then my eyes caught a familiar face and the all too familiar hood. Wasn't that Silveree Redhood?

I squinted my eyes in order to see better. She was with two guys. One of them was Miss Wilde's assistant at school, Kyden Snow while the other was Miss Wilde's brother.

I grew alert and dropped my current mission. Tracking down S294 will be pointless. I think I will have a greater progress if I work on capturing Redhood.

I had no hidden grudges for that girl... we have been schoolmates at Eastwood Academy...I was a year ahead of her, despite being three years older than she is. We belonged to the same Hunting Club and we got along just fine.

But I had to seize her. Nothing personal... just doing my job.    

I had been tailing them for over an hour and now, I ended up in Blue Lake. If I remember correctly, that place used to belong to the HS. They have an underground facility and that place had limited exit and escape routes. Maybe, I could take her here.

I immediately encoded the command on my Macbook and sent it to the MC squad. I hope that I would succeed this time.

Silveree's POV

"We can return to Eastwood and let you work in our lab. The problem is...we don't have a car with us. We came here with our bikes." Kyden informed Prof. Azul as we got ready to leave the facility.

However, Prof. Azul did not seem to hear Kyden. He was staring at one of the monitors. I made my way towards him and tried to see what he was watching. The monitor seemed fuzzy and I couldn't really make out anything from it.

"Are you sure that there are only three of you who came to meet me?" Prof. Azul suddenly asked while glaring at the monitor.

"Yes, Professor. Is there anything wrong?" Isley became alert.

"I only saw three from the monitor but..." the Prof. encoded something on the keyboard and the image on the screen changed. A map was displayed on the monitor. Within the map there were red spots.   

"What are those?" I asked while pointing at the red spots on the monitor. There were about 50 of them and they were surrounding the facility. Some of red spots were advancing towards the entrances.

"Tell me Little Redhood. Did anyone follow you?" The Prof. asked while leading us towards another room which was larger than the previous one.

"There were people following us when we left Eastwood but I thought we lost them when we crossed the border." I answered.