1: She's a Redhood?!

Isley's POV

My paws raked the ground as I ran. I was totally pissed off.

"That Charlie is making me into a lapdog lately. Sending me into errands and all, it's getting on my nerves." I grumbled, as I sped through the clearing.

My wolf snapped his jaws. He was still ticked off when I had refused my birthright. He kept pawing on my chest and snarling inside my head.

"I am too young to be an Alpha-too young to carry the burden of the pack. I don't think I am ready to face all the responsibilities yet. I wanted to focus on my studies." I tried to reason out with him. I just hoped that my excuse would fool him.

'As if you are even studying... You always skip school.' My wolf bit back sarcastically. 'you are only good with goofing around, playing, chasing girls and partying.'

"Shut up! I need to enjoy my teenage life while I still can. I'm only 16 and logically speaking, if I had accepted and managed the pack, how can I go out and enjoy? You have seen those paper works that stressed Dad so much, not to mention other problems involving the pack." I retorted.

'You are just being irresponsible.' My wolf growled and kept on pestering me. 'A lot of wolves wanted to be an Alpha... if given the chance. They would definitely grab the opportunity when they can. You had it in your hands, but you threw away the opportunity. Such an idiot!'

"Why in the world are you contradicting me? You should be supportive of my decision."

"Like I would agree and support someone as immature as you. You're such a spoiled brat!" he snarled at me, getting me all riled up.

"Hey! We're one and the same!" I scowled at him.

He chose to shut up, ignored me and retreated at the back of my mind. At least we would be able to patrol the borders in silence.

As a werewolf, I got two souls: a human one and a wolf one. That's just natural for, us, werewolves. Once we're born, we would possess a human soul and a wolf soul. We would share our human body from birth until we could shift into our wolf form during our teens. We could communicate with each other and sometimes act as one.

However, not all things would work as Mother Nature had designed. In my case, which was a bit irritating was that I happened to have a very opinionated wolf. Most often than not, we didn't get along really well. He loved to oppose me for some reasons.

He had been nagging me nonstop. He would always rant on how immature and irresponsible I had become...that's why the current Alpha, Charlie, had been treating me like a lapdog, in order to keep me moving and doing my tasks.

I made a rough turn to the western woods and headed off to the boundary when I suddenly heard an explosion. It came from the nearby area outside our territory.

Aside from the chemicals in the explosion, several scents suddenly hit my nose.

My wolf bristled and snarled. 'Rogues!' Rage was evident on his tone.

I could feel his anger bubbling inside me. We despised rogues for various reasons. One of those was that they were threats to the pack.

I moved closer to the cliff. Our territory and the Sandal woods were separated by a deep trench. Even though that was the case, it did not prevent me from witnessing what was happening on the other side.

From the woods, I saw a kid emerged, and by her looks, I could tell that she's a student of Eastwood Academy-an all-girls-school in our town.

My keen eyesight did not miss the uniform she was wearing: a red checkered plaid skirt and black jacket with the red scarf fluttering like a cape on her back. She also wore a black knee high socks and a pair of black boots.