30: Here have a double dose!

Silv's POV

I was a bit puzzled. For some strange reason, after Violet injected me with that substance, I could feel that my energy level was getting hyped up.

I tried to move my arms for a bit and the wooden chair creaked. I tugged more forcefully and one of the arms of the chair cracked. Good! Just a bit more and I'll be able to break it...

I jumped a little when the room darkened. An occasional red light illuminated the chamber which was followed by the sudden wailing of the sirens. "Intruder alert! Intruder alert!"

"Here's my chance..."

Before I could continue breaking my restraints, the door to the chamber opened with a loud bang. A ticked off looking professor entered...

"Violet where are you?" he yelled. "Who's attacking us?"

"We are under attack by the HS and a few wolves... Blood River Pack wolves..." Violet's voice frantically called out.

Then something exploded from above which sent some dust and small debris showering on us.

I couldn't see Violet anywhere but judging with the sound of her voice, she was near. I just wished that I won't have to fight with her. If I kill her, Kyden will be left mateless and alone.

"We need to evacuate!" he called out while shoving some of the blood packs inside a huge storage box. "Take these blood packs and make sure to keep them safe."

Violet made her way towards him and took the package. She shot me a look as if sending me a message to get out of here.

"I will take Redhood, and ask someone to bring Project Grey to our lab in Green Falls." He finally added. "Now, go!"

Violet scampered off leaving me with the professor. He took a syringe filled with a solution to knock me down. My wolf raised her hackles and bared her teeth. She did not want to be taken as a guinea pig by this lunatic.

While making his way towards me, I suddenly jumped and brought myself and the chair hard on the floor. Due to the impact, the wooden chair got destroyed.

He looked taken aback when I succeeded in freeing myself from the chair. I threw the straps he used to restrain me and got ready to fight back.

"You surely won't go down without a fight. Let us see how you will be able to stand against me." He chuckled slightly before positioning the syringe on his hand like he was holding a knife.

He advanced towards me while slashing the syringe. I backed away while eyeing his weapon. When he slashed towards me, I sidestepped in order to evade the attack and kicked his shins. He buckled up but still he kept advancing.

He began slashing at me with a furious speed but I managed to keep myself away from the syringe. I knew that if things will keep up with this pace, I will not able to escape. I began cooking up other options in mind.

Something caught my eye from the table. It won't be much but I can still make use of it as a weapon. I recoiled and snatched the fountain pen from the table.

I gripped it like a knife. "Let us see which is deadly, a syringe or a fountain pen." I panted while began to advance towards him.

I slashed towards him and retreated when he counter attacked. When his arm shot towards me, I dodged it and caught it. Then with my reflexes kicking in, I jammed the pen into his arm.

He screamed in pain and dropped the syringe. Unfortunately, he caught it with his other arm and he was able to inject my thigh with the stuff.

I let him go and backed away from him hobbling. I took the syringe and threw it away. I panted as I tried to stay focus. My vision was getting blurry and I felt a bit dizzy.