21

I stirred awake as a nurse came in and changed out his IV, "how is he doing?" I questioned, sleep lacing my voice. "He's stable sweetie, but it's still going to be a long road." She went over to the small closet in the room and brought me a blanket, laying it over me, "thank you." I mumbled, looking back toward Reggie. It had been a little over a week now, at first they were skeptical to if he would ever make it but now, we're just waiting until they can remove the ventilator.

I looked at the little bag Betty had bought me, it was filled with the baby clothes I couldn't decide on that day, she brought it to me two days ago. Claiming that when he wakes up I can give it to him, but I'm afraid of how he will be when he wakes up.

~~~~~~~~

I shot up in the bed, shoving the covers off of me, the  feeling of sweat dripping down my body. I felt a hand on my back as the bed shook, I spun around, my mouth hanging agape. "Reggie!" I sobbed shooting my arms out and around him, he squeezed me back, "what's wrong?" He asked quietly, holding my shaking body in his arms. "You were- the baby, oh my god." I leaned back looking down at my stomach, no bump, nothing.

"What baby?" Reggie asked, tilting his head with concern. "It was a dream, oh my-oh my god." I started crying, mixed with sadness and relief. "Jackie, hey, hey it's ok." Reggie ran his hands up and down my arms, gently pulling me back into him. I tripped wrapping my mind around this. Why would I dream this? I questioned myself, but then again why would anyone ever dream anything bad.

"It was horrible, you were in a terrible accident and I didn't know if you were going to make it." I spoke shakily, "and I had just found out we were having a baby girl." I added, I felt him lean back slowly. "Well that part doesn't sound to bad." He jokes lightly, trying to ease my mind. "Baby, listen to me, I'm fine, there was no accident, there is no baby. We're just living our normally messed up life, I promise." He soothed me, I nodded slowly processing everything.

A/N: so what do you think? Major plot twist! I know it's a total rewind in the story but they're still together, no baby no car accident. I just came back to this book and really regretted that storyline so I decided to change it up but use it kind of as a mind bender