19

"Jackie, wait, wait please." Reggie begged as I rushed to my car, tears rolling down my face, "is it really mine?" He asked as I slammed my car door shut, my eyes rolled. "Yes it's yours Reggie, I'm only 3 months pregnant." I shouted through the window, "and say the baby, not 'it'." I added, turning my key in the ignition and driving off as soon as possible.

I slammed my car door shut as I stomped my way up to the front door, how dare he act like that. He has no right. No right at all, I know it's his child, but it doesn't feel right. "Jackie." Kevin sang, I stopped dead in my tracks. "Kev?" I turned around, last I had seen him he was at the farm and I didn't want anything to do with him. "Dad said you had some news." I stared at him still in his "farm" clothes, "oh." I mumbled feeling disappointment come over me. "Um yeah, you might want to sit down." I felt light headed as I thought of telling him," well, what is it?" He asked, a smile on his face like I've never seen before, it was quite creepy. "I'm pregnant." I stared straight at him as I spoke watching his smile not waver, "oh that's great." He said, I felt like I was speaking to a pre recorded version of himself, he didn't change once. My heart felt a little empty at the sight of my brother.

"Well I have to go now, it was nice seeing you." He stood and exited the house, I felt my eyes fill with tears as the door shut, that's not my Kevin. "Jackie, can we please talk?" I heard that all too familiar voice from outside. Reggie. "I don't feel like it, Reg." I spoke, "Reggie." I corrected, it's like I could feel the smile on his face from that nickname. "Jackie, please, please." He pleaded through the door, almost falling on his face as I swung it open, as he was leaning on it. He stared at me, occasionally glancing at my stomach, I didn't move as his hand slowly reached out, landing gently on the tiniest bump. "I'm sorry." He spoke, I took a sharp inhale at his words, "for everything, the drugs, the distance, all of it." He added, I could feel his eyes trying to catch mine but I just stared at his hand on my stomach. "Ok." I whispered, sliding my small hand on top of his.

I felt relief but yet some worry as I allowed him to wrap his arms around me, what if this is a mistake? What if he ends up breaking my heart again, or worse our baby's heart? But I have to push that aside and enjoy the good while I have it. "I missed you." I breathed out, squeezing him tightly, "but we need to go slow, we can't jump in where we left off." I sniffled pulling away from him. I saw a very rare sadness flash through his eyes at my words, I felt a little bad when I saw that, but I have to protect myself. "Do you know what the baby is yet?" Reggie questioned suddenly, I shook my head slowly. "I find out in a little over month." I answered, letting out a sigh. I can't wait to find out what we're having.  "Hey, Jackie." Veronica said catching our attention, herself holding Archie's hand, along with Betty and Jughead embracing each other. I smiled at the sight, "you okay?"Betty asked, a small smile on her face seeing the new light in Reggie's eyes. I nodded, slowly releasing Reggie's hand.

"Archie," Reggie started walking down the steps in front of my house, "I'm sorry, I don't know what got into me." He apologized, the seconds feeling like hours until Archie nodded. "It's okay, but you owe me a burger from Pop's." He laughed, they agreed and continued a conversation as Betty and Ronnie came up to join me, I gently swung the porch swing, feeling the night breeze brush against my skin. "So, are you guys together once again?" Ronnie nudged me laughing under her breath as I smiled down to Reggie, he caught my gaze and smiled back. It was like a scene from a movie, but I can't help but shake this bad feeling because this is all going to smoothly. 

I guess I'll just have to hope that nothing changes.