03

"I wonder what's happening with Cheryl." I asked Betty as we exited our class, the shocking arrest of Cheryl having just happened. "I have no idea." She answered truthfully, I widened my eyes as Cheryl got marched out of Principal Weatherbee's office by her parents, a terrified look pulled across her face, oh boy. I noticed Archie looking away, as if he knew something but didn't know what to do.

***

"So, are you a suspect now?" Veronica asked, directing it at Archie, I think, I looked up from my book as Kevin answered, "my dad says we all are, including me." He clarified, I nodded, "I've gotten grilled by him so many times you wouldn't believe it." I groaned over dramatically, leaning back into the couch. "Not me, girl. I don't know these people." Veronica had a slight smirk on her face, "guys, should we maybe re-binge Making A Murderer on Netflix tonight?" Kevin asked, Betty and I laughed. "Sorry, can't. I have to stay late to work on the paper." Betty answered, and I shrugged, "I'll watch it with you, Kev." I answered, laughing as Veronica had to decline the offer too. "Count me out too, I've got a date tonight." She tilted her head slightly with a smile, "you do?" Archie asked, and I could see some jealousy, I had to hold back a snicker.

"Which Riverdale hottie made the cut?" Kevin asked, and all of our eyes fell on her as we waited for an answer. "Hey, Vee-Lo, I'll swing by The Pembrooke to pick you up at eight?" Chuck called for confirmation, "I'll be waiting." Veronica smiled, a flirtatious tone to her voice, "cool." Chuck answered, pulling his jacket on, I looked back and saw Reggie look away from me, I still find it weird that I have this effect on him. I glanced back at Veronica once the guys left. "Chuck Clayton?" "You're going on a date with Chuck?" Betty and Kevin asked at the same time, "he's kind of a player." Betty added, to which I agreed. "Definitely a player, hot, but a total player." I pointed out, "you really don't want to go down this route, Ronnie." I added, trying to get my point across.

"Who cares? He's the hottest of hot, and he's the varsity football coaches son, in Riverdale that's like dating a Kennedy." Kevin ranted, only to have Veronica raise her eyebrows with a smile, this can't possibly go well.

***

I gasped as I spoke to Betty on the phone, "you got Jug to come write for the Blue and Gold?" I asked, not believing it, Jughead is normally much more of an unrestricted writer. "I did indeed." Betty answered, and I did a little happy dance in my seat, "that's awesome! I'm happy Juggie will be spending more time doing something aside from his novel, at least he won't be alone all the time." I told her, scooping a bite of cereal from my bowl. Kevin glared at me, as he attempted to watch Making A Murdered with me, I had agreed earlier since I thought he was only kidding. But surprise, surprise, here we are watching the entire series all over again.

"Sorry, Kevin." I mumbled, holding the phone away from my ear for a moment, "listen, Betty. I've gotta go, Kevin looks like he's about to kill me." I joked, saying goodbye before hanging up and attempting to focus on the show in front of me.

***

"So, how'd it go with Chuck?" Kevin asked, rushing over to Veronica and Betty in the school hallway, I joined in on his actions, anxious to hear what had happened, "Chuck has muscles for days, but his conversation is not the stuff of Oscar Wilde or even Diablo Cody." She explained, and I laughed. "Hey, Veronica, how was the sticky maple you had last night?" Veronica furrowed her eyebrows as a girl walked by, "the what now?" She asked, I shook my head. "That little frickin' jerk." I groaned, "the sticky maple Chuck gave you, how was it?" The girl smirked, walking off with her little friends.

"We had a brownie sundae if that's what you hyenas mean." She sounded confused as she shut her locker, I shared a luck with Kevin and Betty. Our phones went off simultaneously, I pulled mine out, "oh my god." I looked at the picture, Kevin saying the same thing as me. "What?" Veronica took the phone from my hand and looked down at the picture of her and Chuck with maple syrup on her face. "What the hell is a sticky maple?" She asked, not looking away from the screen. "It's kind of what it sounds like, it's a Riverdale thing." Kevin answered, "no, Kevin, it's a slut shaming thing." Veronica clarified, looking mortified, yet angry.