05

"This is how our dad had his Jason Blossom murder board before it was trashed." Kevin stated, moving away after he pushed the last thumb tack in, I rolled my eyes as I saw Reggie's name on the board, he's not a murderer, and I'm almost sure that our dad no longer had Reggie on his board. "Any leads on who did that? What they were looking for?" Jughead asked, his hand propped up by his mouth in thought. "Nope, no fingerprints. They stole stole a bunch of files, background checks, and all the audio and video tapes from police interviews." I answered, sitting in one of the chairs next to the desk, my eyes shooting to the door when it opened revealing Trev.

"Hey, Betty." He smiled, awkwardly waving his hand at her. "Trev, hi!" Betty responded, being her normal cheery self, although Jughead was staring at them in a way that screamed jealousy. "Sorry to interrupt." Trev said, coming further into the room, "oh, no it's fine, we were just working on..." Betty trailed off, unsure of what to say, "our murder board." Jughead finished for her, I held back a laugh at the look on Trev's face. "Well, I just wanted to make sure we're still on for tomorrow?" Trev asked, looking hopeful, "absolutely, it's a date!" Betty smiled, sending him off.

"You're going on a date with Trev?" I asked instantly, beating Kevin to the remark. "Does Mama Cooper know about that?" Kevin retorted, "Kev, I'm not on house arrest." Betty answered, and we all gave her a look that said otherwise. "Okay, fine, she's out of town at a women in journaling spa retreat. Anyways, it's not a date date." She explained, walking over to the desk, Jughead turned towards her, "you just called it a date. You literally just said it's a date." He pointed out. Kevin and I shared a look, clearly seeing that Jughead is jealous. "That's just my cover, it's really an intelligence gathering mission. We should focus on the one thing that we have access to, that your dad doesn't." Betty looked between Kevin and I, "the kids at Riverdale High. You know, maybe Trev knows something about Jason that he didn't think was important." She added, and I nodded slowly.

"Well, we know Jackie's got Reggie covered." Kevin mumbled under his breath making me roll my eyes.

***

"Sorry to interrupt, sad Breakfast Club. But I'm here to formally invite you to Jason's memorial at Thorn Hill this weekend." Cheryl came up to us, "formally invite us?" I questioned, taking the envelope from her hand, trying to hide how disturbed I am by this invitation. "To my surprise, mother added you to the guest list. In case you attempt to steal our silver candle sticks, don't, we'll be searching bags." Cheryl snapped at Veronica, I raised my eyebrows as she strutted off, "try to remember she is burying her brother." Betty looked up at Veronica, and I nodded to myself.

"You should go with Betty." I whispered to Jughead who looked at me with confused eyes, "it will be really hard on her, with it being Jason and all. She'll need someone there with her." I explained, making sure no one else heard me. He nodded slowly, understanding what I was saying.

***

I smiled, sitting down on the bleachers, abusing my free period by coming outside to watch football practice, after some pleading with Coach Clayton he allowed me too. Only if I stayed quiet and didn't distract the players, he also told me about Archie and Reggie both going after the captain position. I became worried as I thought about it, Archie will be spreading himself too thin with this and music, and as for Reggie, I think he'd be good at it obviously. And I'm not just saying that because we have this thing going on between us, he's genuinely a good player.

I quickly gave Archie a thumbs up when he saw me, I retracted my hand when coach looked over, so I started pulling my homework out of my bag, figuring it could waste the time, and keep me from wincing every time one of the guys got knocked over. "I take credit for this Reggie, Jackie thing." Cheryl scared me, making me gasp, dropping my homework all over the slightly wet benches, "no." I quickly picked up my papers, watching as they were no good now that they got soggy. "How is what's going on between us because of you?" I had to force myself not to snap at Cheryl as I got ready to start copying everything to another sheet of paper.