07

"My parent's don't want to get the police involved, they don't want anyone to know she ran away. Or about her shameful condition." Betty explained, after filing us in on what happened with Polly. I gave her a small smile, doing my best to silently reassure her that everything was going to work out fine. "Please, what decade is this?" Veronica retorted, she had a point, despite her being slightly disconnected from everything because of her drama at home as she called it.

"Also, because she knew where Jason's get away car was, they're afraid people might think she burned it and that if she did..." "She could be the murdered, trying to cover her tracks." Jughead finished for the blonde, glancing up at us, "who did burn the car then?" Archie asked, to which I gave a nod of agreement. "Do you sometimes think that maybe the Blossom's had something to do with his death?" I asked in a whisper, everyone looked over at me shocked, "maybe." Kevin shrugged, not finding the idea to far fetched, I mean if they found out Jason had knocked Polly up, they could have been furious, they seem like those kind of people.

"Sheriff Keller said it was possible that someone was following us." Betty answered Archie from before my question, "oh my god. Honestly guys, we should, we should just move." Veronica nodded her head as she spoke, at this point moving seems like the best option if theirs people following us and burning evidence.. and breaking into the Sheriff's house. "Guys, what if Polly's really hurt? What if whoever came after us is going after her next?" Betty sighed, resting her hand on top of Jughead's after he wrapped his arm around her, his hand resting on her shoulder.

Instantly I could see the slight jealousy in Archie's eyes, but I was holding back the excitement from the undeniably sweet moment going on in front of me. "Betty, even though you're parents don't want to, maybe you should go to the police." Archie stated, Kevin and I agreed, "I second it. We could talk to my dad together, tell him how discreet he has to be about this." Kevin told her, looking over at me and I nodded, "of course." I assured her, once again giving her a solemn smile, I'm not very good at comforting people.

"No offense, Kev, Jackie, but your dad answers to a higher authority than God, the Blossoms. They're the first people he would tell." Jughead sighed, and I noticed a girl leaning against the wall behind him, looking at us quizzically, I think she was one of Cheryl's little friends, Ginger was it? "And if there's anyone to keep this a secret from, it's the Blossom's. They'd twist it around and go after Polly out of spite." Betty explained. "How can we help?" Veronica asked, "tell us, B, and we'll do it." I shared a look with Veronica as she spoke, "one hundred percent, Betts." I added.

"Did I just notice Riverdale High's very own Holden Caulfield put his arm around you?" Veronica asked Betty once we were out in the hallway, I paused as I was walking by them, inserting myself into the conversation. "Yes, Betty, do tell." I smiled, facing her like Veronica was. "Okay, so the past few days, I haven't been in the best place, emotionally. And Jughead was really there for me.." Betty trailed off, and I grinned, "I ship it." I said as I saw Reggie down the hall, "excuse me." I added sheepishly, walking off to go see him before classes.

"Hey, Reggie." I smiled, coming up to his locker and he smirked over at me. "Hey." He replied, his signature egotistical fashion shining through. I rolled my eyes lightheartedly before reaching up and kissing him quickly, much to his dismay, Kevin came by ruining the moment. My brother shoved his phone in front of my face and I scanned it over, yanking it out of his hand. "That bitch." I hissed, Reggie's eyebrows shot up and Kevin gave me a slight nod of agreement, "we have to tell Betty." He urged grabbing my hand and pulling me along. "I'll talk to you later, Reg!" I called, "okay?" He responded, confused as to what happened.

"You guys oh my god," Kevin stated, seeing Veronica and Betty walking towards us, "what?" Veronica looked between us. "Cheryl just tweeted, hashtag Polly Cooper killed my brother, hashtag nowhere to hide, hashtag sharpen your pitch forks." Kevin ranted, and I saw Betty's eyes grow wide, "oh no." She took the phone from his grasp looking at the tweet for herself. "We need to find Polly before the Blossom's do."