04

"The Drive-In closing is just one more nail in the coffin that is Riverdale. You know what, forget Riverdale, the coffin of the american dream." Jug exclaimed, lifting his hands and smacking them lightly on the table. "It'll be fine, Juggie." I nudged his leg with my foot, giving him a smile. If only I had known why he was so distraught.

"Please god, not more Quentin Tarantino references." Kevin cut him off, and I chuckled, taking a sip from my milkshake, vanilla, plain but sweet. "What? I'm pissed, and not just about losing my job, the Twilight Drive-In should mean something to us. People should be trying to save it." Jughead mimicked his early actions and smacked the table, why is he so fired up about it. "In this age of Netflix and VOD, do people really want to watch a movie in a car? I mean, who even goes there?" Veronica asked, "people who want to buy crack." Kevin nodded, and I laughed from my spot between him and the window. "And cinephiles, and car enthusiasts, right Betts?" Jughead turned to Betty who was looking down at the table, I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Totally." She answered, clearly having no idea what she was asked. Some time had passed, and Jughead was still raving about the Drive-In when Archie walked in with his dad and Miss. Grundy. "I'll be right back." Betty stated going over there, "Betty, no don't." Jughead tried to stop her but she was already on her way, "wait, what's happening?" Kevin asked as I squeezed past him, forcing him to slouch in the booth. "I can't miss this." I slid into Betty's spot, only to get up once her and Archie started making there way outside. Archie watched as I stood up following them.

"Archie, as your best friend is there anything you wanna tell me?" Betty asked, as I came up next to her, "I don't think so." He sounded genuinely confused, this poor boy. "Miss. Grundy was at Sweet-water river on July Fourth, were you with her?" Betty asked and I could see the panic in Archie's eyes. "Archie." I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose, "did Jughead tell you?" Archie asked, directing it at both of us. I furrowed my eyebrows, "Jughead know's about this?" Betty was surprised.

"It's not what you're thinking." Archie tried to assure us as I looked at him questioningly and slightly disturbed. "So it's platonic?" Betty asked, and I scoffed, "I saw the way you look at her Archie." I pointed out, not wanting him to chicken out and lie to us. "Okay, well, maybe it's a little like what you're thinking-" "Archie! Are you and Miss. Grundy like together?" Betty cut him off, asking her question rather loudly. "Like romantically?" She added, "oh my god. You and your music teacher are having an affair?" Veronica gasped from behind him. I gave her a wide eyed nod as he turned towards her. "We are... Together, look I know that it sounds bad-" "Bad? It sounds scandalous." Veronica cut him off, "also illegal." I added, raising my eyebrows at the flustered red head. "It sounds like jail time to me, illegal!" Betty stated, Archie turned to her.

"Betty, don't go there." He seemed a little angry with her, " well I'm already there!" She remarked, throwing her hands around, I saw Kevin and Jughead watching us through the window. "Ronnie, a little help here." Archie pleaded turning towards Veronica who looked between Betty and I. "I mean, I mean, technically Betty's right." Betty made a face that said thank you for listening. "And ethically what is Grundy to you anyway?" Ronnie added. "Your girlfriend? Booty-tutor?" She said the last part quietly. "I don't know what to call her." Archie sighed, and I shook my head.

"I'm just going to dismiss myself from this situation, I don't need anymore drama!" I called, trudging over to the door to Pop's, I yanked it open, hearing the conversation outside continue. I glanced over at Grundy and Mr. Andrews. "Hey, Jackie." He smiled, "are they almost done out there?" He asked, glancing out the window for a split second, before he could notice how bent out of shape all of them were getting I rushed out an answer. "Yes, just a little confusion." I told him, glaring at Miss. Grundy, she pushed her glasses up her nose and I rolled my eyes turning away.