Chapter 9.

The demon Simon spoke about is named Samuel. He's very tall - about 6'7; has blond, shoulder-length hair; dark brown eyes; large, ram-like horns, a pointed, demon tail longer than Simon's, and wears a spiked choker necklace, a black Metallica album cover shirt, black jeans, and rubber bracelets. He looks to be about twenty-years-old (at least in human years), though he could be younger for all I know.

Samuel lives in a small cabin, much like Simon's, but much more kempt and much darker and less decorated with art. It has a much more simplistic style, but it's much cleaner than Simon's cabin.

As if guessing what I was thinking about, Simon leans into me and whispers, "Samuel is extremely perfectionistic and cares about the environment a lot. He doesn't keep a lot of stuff, but hates messes."

That explains why a demon's cabin is so clean.

"Who are you?" Samuel asks, glaring at me coldly.

I shy away from Samuel's gaze awkwardly as Simon responds, "this is Jack, he's... my boyfriend."

"Ah." Is all Samuel replies with. "What are you doing here, Simon?"

"Er... Jack suspects he could be the reincarnation of someone I once knew."

"Ah. And you want to see if that's true," Samuel says.

"Yeah..."

"I need to know Jack's first, middle, and last name and the first, middle, and last name of the person he suspects could be his past life."

"Jack Dean Walker."

Samuel strides over to a large desk and takes out a large, unlabelled, leatherbound book. He flips to a page that shows a picture of me, my full name, and other, weirdly specific information, including my blood type, social security number, and my entire family heritage.

Samuel notices me staring at the page and then picks it up so that I can't read it anymore. "I can't let you see your own page. Just the rules."

I decide not to question why.

"It says you have one past life, at least so far. She was a Jewish girl named Chaya Zweibel who killed herself at age 19. She became an angel due to her strong faith and met Simon, fell in love, and because of that, Dissolved and was reincarnated as you," Samuel tells me. "She was born on June 19, 1911 and died on February 25, 1930."

I look at the ground, listening to Samuel tell me all of this in surprise, not sure what to say or think. I slowly look up at Simon and notice tears brimming his eyes. "S-Simon!"

He looks at me, tears suddenly falling down and hugs me tight.

Samuel looks at me, a stoic expression on his face as Simon and I hug each other tightly, Simon crying softly into my shoulder.

"You really are Chaya..." Simon pulls away and looks at me, cheeks tear-stained, but a happy expression on his face.

"Is this all you needed to know?" Samuel interrupts us awkwardly.

"Yes. Thank you, Samuel!" Simon runs up and hugs Samuel, then takes me hand excitedly. He looks at me and Samuel one last time, before finally leading me outside of Samuel's cabin cheerfully.

I laugh at his excitement. "I guess we really did know each other years ago..." But I can't help but feel uncertain. I don't remember any of Chaya's memories, so a part of me doesn't believe this could be true.

"Jack, this is amazing!" Simon laughs happily, unable to contain his excitement. "I can try my best to help you remember your life as Chaya!"

"Really?" I look at him, smiling at his happiness, but still feeling uncertain.