Chapter 3.

"So, uh... You got any other friends?" I ask Simon the next day. I watch Simon's eyes flash with anger and suddenly regret asking.

"No," he answers in a dead tone.

"Ah."

"How about you?"

"No."

"Good talk," Simon chuckles.

I sit up and look back outside from the train, watching everything pass by with a sense of nostalgia.

"How was your family when you were alive? Did you... Like your family?" I ask him curiously, not looking at him.

"I, uh... I can barely remember anything about when I was alive. I remember my birth date, death date, how I died, and very few memories of friends and my mother and father, but... That's it," Simon answers, still laying down on the haystacks.

"Oh...," I say. "Does it ever... Bother you?"

"Sometimes," Simon sighs. "Want to see my grave?"

"What a great date idea," I say sarcastically.

Simon picks me up again bridal style out of nowhere. "I think I should take you somewhere else for our first date, pretty boy. This is more of an... Adventure!"

"You are, like, just below five feet tall, how the fuck can you pick me up like this?" I ask him. He flies us out of the train and laughs as I shut my eyes tight again and cling to him closely.

"Just relax, Jack. I promise I'm not going to drop you," Simon tells me.

"You don't know that!" I protest.

All of a sudden, Simon stops in mid-air and slowly lands on the ground. I slowly uncling myself from him, feeling shaken up and motion sick. I look up into his eyes and blush.

I've never been this close to a guy before, not even a friend.

"If I manage to let you slip out of my hands, I can simply teleport myself below you before you hit the ground and catch you. You're safe with me, I promise," Simon explains.

"Then why not just teleport us both here?" I ask him shakily.

"I can't," he replies. "But even if I could, you look way too fucking cute when you blush like this."

I blush even more at that and he lets me down out of his arms with a smile.

When I finally look around, I notice that he really did bring us to a graveyard. A really old one, in fact - it looks unused now. The gravestones are mossy, cracked, none of the gravestones have flowers or anything on them.

"Welcome to paradise," Simon grumbles.

"This is where you were buried?" I ask him softly.

"Yeah. Right under that tree," Simon points to a tree just a few feet away from us. Underneath it is a lined grave with a cross gravestone.

I blush more as Simon grabs hold of my hand, leading me toward his grave. When we reach it, I read it out loud:

SACRED TO THE MEMORY OF

Simon Bates

Who departed this life

March 27th, 1866

On the 17th year of his age

"Wow...," I breathe out. "Simon Bates, huh? I like it."

Simon looks at his grave, not showing any emotion in his eyes. "Thanks, pretty boy. I like your last name better, though. Would be nice to have it," he winks at me and I blush immensely. Simon looks at my blank stare and laughs. "What, already daydreaming about our wedding?"