Chapter 4.

When I wake up the next morning, the first thing on my mind is Simon. I can't help it - I haven't had a single friend to talk to in at least seven years, and now that I have one - a hot one even - I just can't stop thinking about him.

After I eat breakfast, I tell my mom that I'm going to go hang out with Simon again. She has no problem with it, so I make my way toward the train tracks as per usual.

When I reach the train tracks, however, Simon is nowhere to be seen. I usually see him sitting on the tracks, waiting for me, but he doesn't appear to be here.

I sigh. He's a demon. I should have known better than to make friends with him.

I sit down on the grass under the shade of a tree, take out my phone to play some music, and lay my head back against the tree, eyes shut and trying to simply relax.

"Nice song, pretty boy."

I jump from the surprise voice all of a sudden and look up and see Simon floating in front of me, holding a piece of paper.

"Fuck, Simon, don't scare me like that!" I tell him.

"Sorry," he says. "I would have been here sooner, but I was finishing this drawing." He hands me the paper he was holding and watches me as I examine the paper.

"Is this... Me?" I ask him, admiring the drawing.

"Yeah. Sorry it might not be the best, I'm not that good at drawing from memory, but-"

"Dude, it's fucking amazing! Thanks...," I stand up and give Simon a hug. When I pull away, he's blushing slightly and has a small smile on his face.

Damnit, he's so cute.

"Yeah, well... I can't help but draw cute things," Simon says with a smirk. I blush at that and Simon says, "maybe I should draw you blushing next. You look even cuter that way."

"I'm pretty sure friends don't flirt with each other," I say, blushing deeply and smiling a bit.

"What would that make us, then?" Simon asks mischievously. Before I can say anything, he grabs my hands and flies us high above the trees, assumingly flying us to his cabin. I still find myself look up at him, admiring him.

"Before we get there, you should know... It's an abandoned cabin. I tried to fix it up as best I could, but it's still abandoned. There's no working water or heat or anything... No cable... No lights... It's a mess," Simon explains, keeping his eyes fixated in front of him.

"That's okay," I tell him. "I didn't really expect an abandoned cabin to be clean and pretty."

Simon laughs at that and flies a bit faster, but slowly making his way down. After about ten more minutes, he lands us both on the ground in front of a wooden cabin surrounded by flowers of many kinds.

"You weren't kidding about the flowers," I say with a chuckle.

Simon, still floating beside me, takes my hand in his and leads me closer to the cabin. "It's not the greatest, but... It's basically my home."

He leads me inside hesitantly, and as I look around, I notice a theme: Simon is crazy for houseplants and nature.

"You weren't kidding about being a flower geek, huh?" I chuckle.

It looks exactly how you'd expect an abandoned cabin to look like - old, torn wallpaper; dust flying everywhere; missing floorboards; just an all out mess. The first room appears to be a living room because there's an old, torn up couch set up against the far wall in front of us with a small fireplace on the wall opposite of it. Above the couch is a painting that looks like a young boy sitting on a hill with multiple flowers. The boy appears to be looking up at the sky, but instead of a sun or a sky, there's a galaxy.