Powerful allies

When I woke up I mentally checked myself for injuries. Basically everything in my neck was sore but other than that I seemed, for the most part, fine.

My body still hummed with energy but my neck seemed far too tender to have been healed mostly already.

Maybe my body just hadn't cared about healing during the half-moon. The only injuries that vampires don't heal fast from are injuries they don't care about.

Like hickies, since they aren't considered a threat they don't heal very fast. My body might just have dismissed any injuries as unimportant.

Suddenly remembering where I was and what I had to lose this time my eyes shot open.

Derik's breathing and heartbeat were boterratic but they were both strong. I glanced him over for injuries but nothing seemed broken or majorly injured.

His neck looked almost painful though, it was covered in tiny holes to small for me to have been feeding from and circular bruises. My face heated up, I am not ready for him to wake up.

I don't even want to be here when he wakes up. But if I'm not he'll panic and think something bad happened. I crawled to the end of the bed and sat on it.

My face burned brightly and my heart thundered in my chest. Everything felt numb and tingly at the same time. Like my skin itched but was covered in wax. Feeling but not.

Derik groaned and there was a little rustle of sheets before I heard his heart speed up along with his breathing. I just waited for him to see me and calm down.

"Never scare me like that again," A gruff voice whispered in my ear. Arms wrapped around my waist and I placed my hand on his arm.

"I know, I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"Let's hope nothing major happened that put the Regional in a bad mood." He sat down next to me and played with my hair for a little before he gasped loudly. "Shit, did I do that?"

I rubbed my neck a little self-consciously. I'm sure whatever he did won't seem as bad once he looks in the mirror.

"Are we meeting with the Regional today then?" I swiftly changed the subject.

"Yes, the Regional usually has a free spot just after the half-moon. Most people are too disoriented after it and have too much to clean up to bother him." He replied slowly pulling me closer to him.

"I guess that makes sense, I hope Blake and Adam are doing okay."

"Vampires only do what they want on the half-moon, unless Adam secretly wants Blake dead she'll live. Maybe not unscarred but alive," As he talked I relaxed into his side.

"I should go shower before they get here." Reluctantly I got up and grabbed some clothes before heading to the bathroom. I walked into the bathroom. Then I saw a glance of something that made me pause.

Dark purple bruising encased my neck with little holes here and there just like Derik's. My clothes were in shreds and barely hung to my frame.

Like my hand moved on it's own my fingers met the smooth surface of the mirror. Guess Derik's not the only one that got all beat up.

Turning away from the mirror I turned the water on extra hot and locked the door.

The water stung my neck a little but it did wash all the dried blood that was mine, Derik's, or both off.

I showered quickly figuring Derik was probably covered in blood he needed to wash off too. I toweled off and got dressed. Melting the fangs holes and hickies away to nothing I left the room.