Making plans

When we got up we had to go to the dinning room again everyone sat looking almost bored.

Usually it would be a very tense and rigorous meeting with all the things everyone had to say but apparently no one felt like sharing their experiences near the Regional.

How suspicions would it be if the Regional died during the annual meeting? Obviously he isn't very good at his job anyways.

There was a lot of sitting around waiting, some vampires played games or even fell asleep. Eventually the pets were less afraid and more bored.

Some even got brave enough to talk, not loudly but that's still saying something.

I watched Derik mess around on his phone for a little bit but the view off the floor was pretty bad. Since it was nothing but boring sitting on the floor I laid down and waited.

I used to sit quietly for hours at a time in the pet shop but since I'd met Derik I forgot what watching basically nothing for hours was like. Ugh, how much longer? Someone end me.

"Ugh, this is boring. We should play a game or something, we have to be here for a while more anyways." I'd never imagined a Regional would whine but this one sure did.

We all stared at him for a bit while he seemed to think. He snapped and a grin came over his face like he had a good idea, which I highly doubt.

"I have an idea, and I'm the Regional so you have to play along. The pets should be able to do whatever they want for ten minutes, excluding violence, and we'll see what our pets are really like. And no punishing your pets when I'm not looking, I want to see what they're really like so they need to feel safe."

Derik gave me a doubtful look that the Regional apparently caught.

"Just give her your shirt, she should play too." I gave him a slight nod to let him know I had a plan.

He reluctantly took his shirt off and I'm pretty sure at least half the pets stared. I'm very lucky I don't growl while I'm a wolf. He set it on the floor and some vampires looked away, some didn't until he started growling at them.

I quickly gave myself wavy blond hair and bright green eyes. I also made myself less curvy so I attracted less attention. I slipped on the shirt and stood up beside Derik buttoning it.

I laid my hand on his shoulder and he looked up at me showing clear confusion for a second before he smiled.

I was still more than distracted by him being shirtless but I just returned his smile.

I sat on the table and waited while everyone got accustomed to how they thought I looked. Adam looked so confused I almost laughed.

"Let the games begin," Wow really, this guy is so weird.

Turns out most of the pets version of rebelling is just refusing to sit on their Master's lap. Two or three, the ones that were really brave, took sips from glasses vampires had that didn't contain blood.

Most got up and looked at the artwork on the walls and chattered amongst themselves. My version of rebelling since they needed to think I'm just a normal pet was to have a conversation with Derik and admire his abs.

Adam's pet, that I still don't know the name of, talked a little but she just stayed on his lap. I stole one of Derik's hash browns when no one was looking and they were amazing and nostalgic.

"Alright time's up," Everyone immediately scurried to their masters with their heads down and all talking in the room quieted immediately.

I got off the table since I didn't want to raise too many eyebrows and sat on Derik's lap.