Proposal

Derik's POV

Everything that happened after that was a blur. All I could think about was Fall.

The flashes I remember are Adam trying to console me before giving up and gently shoving me into the back seat with Fall.

I drowned everything else out. There's nothing I can think about other than her. Bittersweet memories of her were the only thing floating on my mind.

Every night I'd spent with her since the first. Our first date, the date in the ice rink, all the nights I spent with her curled up in my arms purring.

On autopilot I walked into my house carrying Fall. Still on autopilot I walked towards our bedroom. But a small hand on my shoulder stopped me. I flinched.

Such a little gesture but it reminded me so much of her.

When I looked at Rosie her eyes clouded over with sympathy. But she didn't look sad. I thought Fall and Rosie were basically best friends?

"I'm sorry, it was tough for me to watch the first time she went into a coma too." She said sympathetically.

"She's not in a coma, Rosie. She isn't breathing," I told her sadly. I didn't want to break the truth to her, hell I didn't want to believe it myself.

"Didn't she ever tell you she can't die?"

"She bled out Rosie, her heart isn't beating."

"She's just in a coma, hybrids can't die," Rosie stated annoyed. But how the hell am I supposed to break this to her? Is she in shock?

Then before I could stop her she cut her wrist on one of her fangs. I almost dropped Fall in my surprise.

She never could have done that if she wasn't a werewolf.

I watched her sympathetically as she held her wrist over Fall's mouth.

"She's gone, Rosie, there's nothing you can do." I tried to break it to her gently.

But I swear Fall moved. Her fangs grew. I didn't know vampire fangs work after they're dead. But I'd never seen anyone try to revive a dead vampire either.

Fall's hand shot out holding Rosie's wrist and even though Rosie smiled she looked panicked.

And it's not hard to guess why, there's no way Fall is in control right now. I gently pulled the knife from Fall's chest and kissed the side of her face.

I yelled for a slave to bring a glass of blood and gently tried to remove Rosie's wrist from Fall's mouth.

When Fall's glowing eyes shot open she tried to move her fangs from Rosie's wrist to her neck. I quickly grabbed her waist and moved her so the closest blood source would be me.

She, unthinkingly, pushed me against a wall and sunk her fangs into my neck. And being the sucker I am I stood there like good prey and pet her hair.

Rosie smiled gratefully at me then looked at Fall with a fond look before waving and walking away.

The sound of her purring almost sent me to sleep, either that or the blood loss. Just as I started to feel dizzy a slave brought me a glass of blood and looked at me questioningly.

I must seem like such a pushover right now.

I smiled gratefully at him regardless and drank the glass waiting for Fall to regain her senses.

Regardless of the fact that my neck stings and everyone walking by seemed a little embarrassing I just rubbed her back happy to have her back.

I would have given anything to have her back and despite myself the only thing I could do was smile. And almost cry. I'm just that relieved.